Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Anyone else cashing in their pension for an ale and hookers fest?
  • twinw4ll
    Free Member

I’m 50 years young so the thought of being able to get my hands on my meagre pension pot in 5 years time fills me with glee. 😀

slowoldman

I’m thinking Aston Martin and camping gear.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I traded my contributions to private when I worked out how many old people there were in the world. Anyone under 40 is better off on crack.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Bring on the beer and bingo fest 8)

jambourgie
    Free Member

I’m gonna get on the hard drugs when I’m a pensioner, Crystal Meth/Heroin/Crack etc. Nothing to lose really*

*except the kid’s inheritance.

br
    Free Member

For some folk it’ll be a sensible option, where they’ve a bu99er all private pension. As it only takes a few quid a week to exclude you from certain benefits worth far, far more.

Although when I heard the news I just assumed I’d heard it wrong – as a large pencentage will just spend it quickly, and then the benefits bill will rise.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Like what you did there huck.

binners

I’m going to spend it all on coke and hookers (I reckon its good for a couple of weeks), then I’m going to ride a shark strapped with explosives into an active volcano

Trimix
    Free Member

What will probably happen is that new enterprises will come about that offer an alternative to the old fashion current model.

This will probably be to our advantage.

But stupid people will always make stupid decisions – that wont change.

mike_p
    Free Member

As usual the Daily Mash succinctly sums things up

uwe-r
    Free Member

Free crack/smack/meth for anyone without a pension at age 70!

That would sort the mess out.

mt
    Free Member

I’m weeks away from being 55, could not have come at a better time for me. I have a cunning plan.

ninfan
    Free Member

My retirement plan is a nice juicy bank robbery – even if it goes wrong I’ve got a roof over my head and three meals a day 8)

slowoldman

My retirement plan is a nice juicy bank robbery – even if it goes wrong I’ve got a roof over my head and three meals a day

…and more sex than you can manage.

ninfan
    Free Member

You say that like it’s a bad thin… oh well, beggars can’t be choosers 😳

gogg
    Free Member

should that “e” have been a “u”??

IanW
    Free Member

The news story reminded me to ring a previous employer and track down an almost forgotten pension fund, the company wasn’t making any effort to contact me so not sure what would happened had I not rung them.

Turns out there’s enough for a Bongo and a bit leftover for a tank of fuel.

Overall I’m pleased to have the opportunity to mismanage my own money rather than paying someone else to do it.

Doug
    Free Member

Allows people to retire earlier and budget their monthly income to stay the same once state pension kicks in so could free up a few more jobs. Brother in law has put in his notice for his full time minimum wage job today at 55 as a result of yesterdays budget. Only last week he was saying he couldnt afford to go until 60 due to the GAD limits on drawdown for a pension he built up in a previous better paid job but then he’d be much better off than he is now once he hit state pension age. He’s now able to even it out by using more of it now.

Drac

I work in the NHS so it means I can retire a multimillionaire with my whopping gold plated pension or die before then having to look after people younger than me, one of the two.

what_tyres
    Free Member

[/url] TORY_CUNTS by rubberplant101, on Flickr[/img]

slackalice
    Free Member

How long before the many and various fund managers let on that there isn’t really any money there, they’ve spent it all already?

But they do seem to have a few fine properties/ holiday homes around the world and some boats, helicopters, planes and cars, so they have made some investments.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else cashing in their pension for an ale and hookers fest?’ is closed to new replies.