Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anyone else borderline Small/Medium on Canyon Nerve?
  • nammynake
    Free Member

I currently own a Small (16.5) Nerve XC that I’m looking to replace with the new AL+. I am 5’8″ and probably at the top end of what would fit the small. I have my seat-post extended to the maximum mark (in-line not layback). I haven’t changed the stem or bars (685mm).

I am very slightly cramped when riding on sedate terrain, but the compact fit is preferable when I hit technical terrain. Given that I’ll be riding more tecnical terrain on the AL+ (or at least the same terrain but a tad faster) I’m thinking to stick with the small size. The AL+ has slightly wider bars I believe, so this might give it a slightly different fit.

Does anyone in the Leeds/W.Yorks area have a medium that they wouldn’t mind me sitting on to test the size?

Ta

Doug
    Free Member

My way of doing it would be to get the medium size AL+ then swap to a shorter stem (50-70mm) /wider (780mm) bar combo to get the correct fit 😉 You’ll be running the saddle higher (almost roadie height for smooth climbing efficiency but you can drop it a touch for technical climbs) with the Reverb so may need the extra seat tube length if the insertion mark to rails length is the same. Got a AL+ myself btw.

generalp
    Free Member

i took delivery of my medium AL+ today… I am 175cm and it fits well length wise. but not much stand over room. glad i didn’t buy small though. rides well.. only criticism is the Fox CTD rear shock so far. just can’t get it to take enough pressure to stop it bottoming out on the smallest drop or even hopping off a kerb. needs more fettling i think. it’s an AL+ 8.0. Cracking spec though

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else borderline Small/Medium on Canyon Nerve?’ is closed to new replies.