Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Anyone else’s car not liking the hot weather?
  • Harry_the_Spider

The Mighty Vectra (2.0 CDTI) is getting a bit long in the tooth – 10 years old / 92k on the clock – and it runs like a bag of vibrating shit in hot weather. It is much happier in the cold.

Anyone else get this or is my car just falling apart… again?

Drac

When was your coolant and air filter last replaced?

Harry_the_Spider

4 months ago.

tthew

Is the intercooler all covered in flies ‘n dust ‘n s***e?

zokes
    Free Member

The Mighty Vectra (2.0 CDTI) is getting a bit long in the tooth – 10 years old / 92k on the clock – and it runs like a bag of vibrating shit

It’s a Vauxhall – I’d be concerned if it didn’t run like a bag of vibrating shit

dawson

My diesel Toyota was sluggish and had poor throttle response yesterday – I put it down to the air temp affecting the mix or the air-con running at full pelt and robbing the engine of power.

Was much better when it was cooler this morning.

molgrips
    Free Member

Could well be intercooler related.

mattbee

Landy V8 suffered from vapour lock on Sat when we were using it on site. 25 c and 4.5 tons of ‘snatch’ Landrover. was surprised tbh as the last place it was used before we got it was Iraq…

I_Ache
    Free Member

Apart from my my air con gas being empty my Focus (nearly 6 and 97k) has been running absolutely fine. I thought a rear wheel bearing had gone the other day but it turned out to be a knackered rear tyre.

We saw a few breakdowns on the way home from Legoland yesterday tho including one transit(?) minibus that looked like the engine had caught fire and the whole inside has gutted.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i wish my Vauxhall would catch fire

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Harry_the_Spider – Member – Quote
    The Mighty Vectra (2.0 CDTI) is getting a bit long in the tooth – 10 years old / 92k on the clock – and it runs like a bag of vibrating shit in hot weather. It is much happier in the cold.

Should just be run in! I’d be aiming for 200k for a good diesel

zokes
    Free Member

Should just be run in! I’d be aiming for 200k for a good diesel

Yeah, a good diesel. He’s on about a Vauxhall

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I know, I got to drive some of the new ones as hire cars, the guy apologised when he dropped it off

RustySpanner

Yeah, a good diesel. He’s on about a Vauxhall

Got rid of my Omega at 280,000.

Engine was fine 🙂

singletrackmind

thats because your Omega might have had a bmw engine

trail_rat
    Free Member

If it got that high it must have. The vaux omega non bmw engines were notoriously short lived from a headgasket point of view

My fronteras front tire has has some of the belt pierce through.

Looks sad on the drive – will put new rubber on after france.

Vans running sweet though – just back from garage where it had a service , cambelt , waterpump , wax stat , wheelbearing , 2 tires and tracking ready to drive through france

brakes
    Free Member

I drove a brand new auto BMW 320d all weekend. Lovely car but the climate control was either baltic or stuffy – couldn’t get it right.

zokes
    Free Member

I know, I got to drive some of the new ones as hire cars, the guy apologised when he dropped it off

You must have seen the daft marketing of Opels over here as “premium European cars”. Not even Australians are daft enough to believe that! Not to mention the fact that they only stopped selling the Gashtra over here three years ago with a Holden badge.

Vile cars.

RustySpanner

singletrackmind – Member

thats because your Omega might have had a bmw engine

Nah, it was the 4 cylinder GM unit.
    The BMW derived ones gave all the trouble (dropped liners etc) ironically.

An utterly fantastic car.
    A well kept 2.2 estate would be a thing of joy, even now.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Haven’t used the car all weekend despite one of them being a softop… 😆

andyl
    Free Member

has it got the correct oil and is it up the max mark?

yorkshire89
    Free Member

The hot weather certainly makes my S-Line sluggish, although it will be the same with any car, turbo’d more so.

I’m also getting a bit of a stuttering issue at around 1500rpm every now and then when its warm. I’m hoping its something simple, i will give my EGR a clean out and see if that sorts it.

zokes
    Free Member

The hot weather certainly makes my S-Line sluggish, although it will be the same with any car, turbo’d more so.

Never noticed any problems on hot (45+C) days here…

pictonroad

See, it’s not really hot, not on a global scale anyway. This is well within the operating conditions for the car, power will be a smidge down but this heat shouldn’t make a blind bit of difference to a modern turbo diesel.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

By sluggish, i mean compared to when the air is around 5 degrees like it is for 80% of the year.

Its not as noticeable compared to my old impreza by any means, but you can feel the difference.

Dibbs
    Free Member

My Smart likes the warmer weather, it gives much better MPG’s, Taunton to Dartmouth and back yesterday morning 80MPG. 😀

bearnecessities

Turbo on a 12 mondeo being very very odd. Kicking in only when it feels in the mood; wonder if related to aircon at full tilt..

pictonroad

turbo and air con are nowhere near each other mechanically or in any kind of feed back loop. Apart from gremlins in the system I can’t see the symptoms being linked to the air con.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Anyone else’s car not liking the hot weather?’ is closed to new replies.