• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by ReallyOlderGit-spam.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • anyone done their own diy work on a lightweightish tent?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

i wanna cut out a section of roof, add no see umnetting instead and then put a lightweight water proof cover over that with about a 2″ gap

its on a Coleman Rigel so kinda sticking to the original design, just improving it (tiny tent with not enough venting so drips a lot of condensation from respiration)

if so, any recommendations on suppliers and tips

ta

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

hmm, the tent material is quite hard to cut, you could try using a blow torch to cut out the section you want

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

well, just in case no else responds… Don’t use a blowtorch on your tent

supertramp
    Free Member

never done it, never thought about doing it. But it must be possible, are you planing to re-sew by hand or are you handy with a machine?

amodicumofgnar

Wouldnt it be simpler to make a new one from scratch. Dont have a handy link but a bit of googling should turn something up.

db

Stupid question but I thought the Coleman had that?
    http://www.cestajecil.cz/2007/09/14/stan-coleman-rigel-x2-podruhe/

Mine was like the one shown on this site with a mesh ‘window’ and roll back cover?

qwerty
    Free Member

db – yes you’re correct, but its only 1/4 the length of the tent, it airs the top quarter but on my garden sleepover test the bottom 3/4 had a lot of internal condensation which dripped from the roof and onto my bag. I got the tent bnib for £40 so might try “improving” it

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘anyone done their own diy work on a lightweightish tent?’ is closed to new replies.