Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone done Honister Via Ferrata?
  • rascal
    Free Member

Group of us going up T’Lakes a week Fri for long oudoorsy weekend.
    Some walking, running, biking and some doing Honister Via Ferrata.
    Quite tempted. £35 for 2.5 hours initially seems a bit steep (no pun intended).
    Is it worth doing it as a one-off experience? Anyone here done it?
    Cheers

boxelder

Been to honister plenty, but not via ferrata. It looks much better than Go Ape at £25

Drac

Did it last year and it’s great fun had a right good time.

Honister Via Feratta

hp_source

We did the normal course last year… Starts off well but, once the 1st couple if obstacles are done its a bit tame, would be tempted to do the ‘extreme’ or whatever the harder one is called provided your all reasonably fit adults.

Cracking views from the top too!

speed12
    Free Member

Did the ‘extreme’ route on Tuesday and its really good fun – nothing crazily difficult, but enough to keep you on your toes and certainly something different if you already enjoy scrambling etc. views are superb from te top. I wouldn’t even consider the classic – as hp says, it starts well (first bit is the same as the extreme) but then just goes on to being a scramble up an incline but tied in (something you would be able to do without the safety line). The extreme goes on to do a bit on a vertical wall with overhang in some places, a single wire ‘Burma bridge’, a much steeper scramble/climb up and a big cargo net to finish it. Took 2 of us just under 2 hours and worth every penny I reckon – was a top morning!

kayak23

I did it a few years back. It must have been the ‘classic’ route then as I don’t remember a cargo net etc.
    Was a really good trip though and enjoyed the zipwire bit in the middle.
    It depends how into climbing etc you are as to your fear levels I guess. I’m not always too good with heights and exposure on rock and so it was a good achievement for me.
    Good fun.

nickjb
    Free Member

Is it guided or do they give you a harness and let you get on with it at your own pace?

kayak23

It’s guided yes.

Cougar

I did it a couple of years ago. The guide takes a handful of people at a time. Decent footware is a good idea, and light gloves.

P20

I did it last year with Drac and others from work. It was good, apart from that Burma bridge. I hated that thing, really didn’t like the movement….

Video of Burma bridge

atlaz
    Free Member

That Burma bridge looks primarily a bugger because there’s more than one person on it. We did a similar thing with tree climbing and there were some proper bastard hard ones with rubber cables that stretched significantly as you walked on them. Via Ferrata is on the cards for this summer.

allthegear
    Free Member

Really want to do this some time.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone done Honister Via Ferrata?’ is closed to new replies.