Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Anyone done anything like this in North Wales?
  • DoctorRad
    Free Member

Worked this out with the help of Google Maps and my little local knowledge:

http://www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=11164

Can anyone comment on the off-road sections if they’ve ridden them?

perks

I don’t know about the off road – but I have run up the hill from the main road (just near the north east road section of that route) to Rowlyn ISA – that is where groups of lads from my school used to have a week long field trip each year…ah…nostalgia…

good times…

there’s an awsome waterfall lake in the little valley next to the road that leads up – it’s freezing, but well worth a dip!

the views over the conway valley are awsome! I’d love to go back up there some time…

mark_b
    Free Member

Ridden the Roman Road from Rowen to Llanfairfechan and the track from Capel Curig over to Llyn Cowlyd many years ago. All rideable if rocky, but at the risk of sounding like a ‘been there done that type’ this was about 13 years ago on my rigid bike. With some suspension you’ll be fine 🙂

DoctorRad
    Free Member

That’s what I thought: big day out but mostly rideable. Shame there’s no way to avoid losing quite so much height in the middle… unless I gain even more, I suppose 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone done anything like this in North Wales?’ is closed to new replies.