Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anyone done a CHAPS money transfer from an HSBC personal account?
  • bentos
    Free Member

Got to send a house deposit to my solicitor today and wondered how much it will cost me and if it is possible to send the money via CHAPS?

hainey
    Free Member

yes

£15.

pjt201
    Free Member

yes, done it. costs about £20 if i remember. you can either do it over the phone or go into a branch.

bentos
    Free Member

Cheers.

thehustler
    Free Member

chaps are usually £25-30 ish, but check if you can do it by bacs as my RBS business acc now puts the funds in recieving acc within 30 mins (usually in seconds) and this is much cheaper

mefty
    Free Member

What hustler said, you should not need to do CHAPS anymore for same day value from a retail account.

cp

does hsbc run the faster payment scheme (along with the bank the solictor uses)? if so, just do a normal transfer – it's instant and doesn't cost anything

bentos
    Free Member

I would do that, but there is a £5k limit per day and I need to move £12800 by tomorrow.

thehustler
    Free Member

might be different on business acc but the 5k limit was just a bank set safety thing on our business acc, I had it raised as I have wage payments each month of alot more than that so changed it which I could do online too….

the-muffin-man

Forward it to me and I'll send it on for you! Promise.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anyone done a CHAPS money transfer from an HSBC personal account?’ is closed to new replies.