Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone doing the Run Rider Bristol Duathlon on Sunday?
  • Leku
    Free Member

Any ideas on what would be best for shoes?

The current plan is to switch to cycle shoes for the bike bit. My 6 year old did point out that just keeping my running shoes on may be a better plan. Not certain if taking the advice of a 6 year old is best…

So far the plan is Cotic Soul (rather than full sus) with Albert tyres. May swop to small block 8’s if it stays dry.

Leku
    Free Member

Just me then?

PaulBecks
    Free Member

Nope i’m in!

I’m doing the Classic so i’ll be switching to bike shoes in transition.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RichJJ
    Free Member

Not doing it but did my first one a few weeks ago at Hawley Lake. My advice would be if you normally ride SPDs then change shoes. I found the running course tougher than I expected and the bike course easier, more fireroad than a normal ride and for that the SPD’s gave me back much more time than I spent changing into and out of them.

mcwyc
    Free Member

Yup – I’m in for the classic.
    Riding my zesty (only bike I have) with Conti race kings – was thinking of changing to some winter tyres but think I’ll just live with what I’ve got. I’ll be on spds for sure – can no longer ride properley without them!

Leku
    Free Member

mcwyc – don’t bother changing to winter tyres – the new surface in Ashton Court is still very smooth and even if it rains, there wont be any mud.

Anyone had their briefing packs yet?

mcwyc
    Free Member

Re. tyres – exactly what I was thinking.
    Not had any briefing pack in the post but have today received an email with a few details i.e Registration between 8am and 9.30am with both short and long races both starting at 10am.

Have a good one!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone doing the Run Rider Bristol Duathlon on Sunday?’ is closed to new replies.