Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone converted their mtb in a crosser ?? …. ie drop bars,skinny tyres etc ?
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Thinking of converting my lads (unused) pink scandal into a bit of a crosser with drop bars, skinny cross tyres and maybe single speed as well . any done a similar thing ? … pics would be good as well 😀

Spin
    Free Member

Works fine. Also gives you the ‘monster cross’ option i.e. rigid, drop bars and fat tyres.

I did it with an old Kona and put on one midge splayed drops on which are great fun.

kcal

kind of – but not quite. Have put Cowbell drop bars, and skinny-ish slick tyres – on an old Stumpjumper M2. Oh, and a fixed gear.. Use it typically for training type blasts although have been on 70 mile + trips as well..

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I used my Ti pipedream as a flatbar cross bike with 700c disc wheels & cross tyres ( yes they were livid 😉 ) it was ace apart from the flexy BB, so much so I may build it again as a SS after retiring the frame a while back.
    I think your only problem maybe you finging it a bit short in the TT.

Cheers.

Spin
    Free Member

flatbar cross bike

Round these parts we call that a hybrid. 😉

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Call it what you like, no skin off my nose 😉

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Andy Wilkinson’s mountain bike seems quite fast, 541 miles in 24 hours, 318 miles in 12 hours and countless other TT course records. After all it’s not about the bike Here

Spin
    Free Member

Proper one bike to rule them all!

Would like to see it in MTB mode.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Saw a 29er Inbred done out as a monster crosser and it looked the business. I guess 700c wheels are an advantage but there’s no reason why it wouldn’t work on a Scandal – they’re light and quick as they are!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone converted their mtb in a crosser ?? …. ie drop bars,skinny tyres etc ?’ is closed to new replies.