• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by adsh.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone converted a Soul into a cyclocross/tough road bike?
  • timnwild

Love my Soul, thinking about making it into a cyclocross-y thing now that I’ve upgraded to full-suss. Rigid forks, narrower wheels, longer stem, SS or small-range drivetrain etc. I know it’s all slack angles and flickable trail weapon and whatnot, but I love it, and I can’t justify two MTBs.

Anyone done one that doesn’t ride/look like a dog’s dinner?

wwaswas

I can’t justify two MTB

You really can Tim 🙂

singlespeed it – my Curtis runs either Suspension or Rigid forks depending on the weather/if I can be arsed to swap them and it’s great fun.

and with suspension

I guess flat bars and bar ends and turn it into a fire road speed weapon would be quite fun but I’d keep it as an MTB for those mid -winter days you dont; want to wreck the pivot bearigns in the new bike ridign through mud and rain.

thomthumb
    Free Member

I love it

don’t ruin it then.

ampthill

If its just a tyre change then just try it

The more exciting option would be to use 700c wheels

PS my orange gringo has 2 inch slick for a similar role and it works fine for me. I’ll be on at the end of this mug of tea

PS If i bought again I’d buy thinner slicks. But its very comfy..

miketually
    Free Member

I stuck the 700×42 wheels/tyres from my computer in my 26″ Inbred and it was great fun to ride.

adsh
    Free Member

You have to have a foul weather bike for churning through non technical winter mud. I got my Soul for this and it’s so good I ride it more than anything else. I also commute on it on rough lanes on nearly bald mtb tires and it’s brilliant for that too.

Just make it a bit more XC and enjoy!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone converted a Soul into a cyclocross/tough road bike?’ is closed to new replies.