Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone compared a 456 and a Marin Rocky Ridge or B17
  • gra

Almost made my mind up to buy and build up an On One 456. But also been looking at the Marin as it has come out well in reviews compared to bikes like the Chameleon and Stiffee.

Has anyone tried both bikes? Looking for a bike for xc, which will give a bit of confidence on the downhill and some light freeride/general mucking about on. also to handle the odd longer ride.

Cheers.

ton

i have owned a 456, and summer 456 and now own a rocky ridge.
    for general trail duties the standard 456 is the best , run with 130mm forks.
    i did not like the summer 456 at all.
    and my new rocky ridge is awesome downhill and on the rocky stuff.
    rocky ridge is cheaper ( i think ) as a new complete bike.

Simon

I had a ’05 Rocky Ridge for a couple of years until the top of the seat tube broke off. It was OK but I found it was quite a harsh ride, very tiring on longer rides.

I much prefer the red 456 I have now, very stable on rocky steep tech stuff.
    It’s more comfortable too, which may be down to it being steel or it having a more seatpost of a narrower diameter showing.

ton

i do like the new blue 456…………
    anyone want a white rocky ridge………… 😉

carlphillips
    Free Member

456 here too (red one) use it all the time for everything, in fact so much so that my ’06 heckler is now in bits having been made redundant. cant go worng with them really but get pikes for them a great combo, i had revs on but its in a different league with pikes

Simon

😆

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone compared a 456 and a Marin Rocky Ridge or B17’ is closed to new replies.