Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anyone commute along Birminghams Canals ?
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Been offered a job over coleshill way in brum ,i live the other side of birmingham , so it either means a S**T drive in rush hour every day or chance my life on the road bike or use the canals into brum central (gas street) and back out towards spagetti junction and come off in minworth …
    Question is will the canals be safer than the road ?? or will i end up getting stabbed for the bike

rOcKeTdOg

It's a bit scary when you leave civilisation, there are some very dark bridges and remote spots, spotted a few places people were living too, I wouldn't fancy it on the darkening evenings. On the plus side you'll see spaghetti "beach"

LMT
    Free Member

Hi, i don't use that part of the canals, just olton through to birmingham, not too bad that way. Coleshill way, errm bit rougher than my route, i did have a friend living that way and tbh never felt safe taking the bike, or the car!! or even going that way at all!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

I guessing it may be ok early in the morning 7.30 ish , but on the way back at night ,i may just jump on the road and take my chances !
    looking at investing in a cx bike just for this purpose 😀
    any excuse for a new bike

SidKillerest
    Free Member

Canal from Salford Circus to Minworth can be a bit tasty around Castle Vale area. OK early doors though i should think.

neilb67
    Free Member

I wouldn't fancy it Tony. I looked at riding from my place to Wednesbury and it was ok when dry but a mudfest when raining. Im sure if you plan your route and maybe go Stetchford. Castle Brom and then Minworth you will avoid most traffic. Plus you will be heading against the main flow of traffic going into town

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anyone commute along Birminghams Canals ?’ is closed to new replies.