Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone buy from classifieds anymore?
  • LMT
    Free Member

Just wondered if anyone buys from for sale here or on *cough* other forums?? see quite a few ads with very few replies, also no interest if any for mine.

I know before someone says restricting to pick up only limits the market, but very few seem to be sold replied etc.. is this down to reputation of seller or bad experiences? obv the other is recession as bikers have we been hit that hard?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

If its on other forums, give me a list and sign me up

tomhoward

Last few ads I’ve placed I’ve had responses direct, just cos folk don’t reply to the thread, don’t mean they didn’t respond directly…

If folk aren’t buying your stuff, it’s too expensive.

Cougar

I don’t know how many actual sales they are, but the classifieds are certainly very active.

cp

I just think more stuff is getting posted on the classifieds – each day runs to several pages these days. Also the general consensus is that we should be careful with cash, so I guess the balance is going towards more people selling stuff and less people buying.

There’s also a lot of tat.

And people asking far too much for stuff.

chilled76
    Free Member

I’ve recently moved to using STW because of how active the forum is, also the classifieds included.

Cougar

You mad, impetuous fool.

I’ve just looked at the figures; there’s considerably fewer posts, but in terms of thread count the classifieds account for about the same amount of traffic as the Bike and Chat forums combined.

And moderating it is about double the work. (-:

bearnecessities

I’ve just looked at the figures; there’s considerably fewer posts, in terms of thread count the classifieds account for about the same amount of traffic as the Bike and Chat forums combined

That’s quite refreshing (no pun) to hear, classifieds were becoming a bustling murky place for a while!

jimification
    Free Member

yup, classifieds are great. Bought a couple of things in the last week. Very pleased. (thanks chaps!)

user-removed
    Free Member

I’ve not delved into that side of the forum very often but have just paid £300 for a 2006 Kona (full bike, frame was sort of new, ‘old stock’). It’s more than I’d normally entrust to a stranger with not much comeback but after all the horror stories I did a very small amount of homework and was happy…

Bregante

I’ve bought and sold a few bits in recent weeks and am happy with every transaction, cheers.

Which has just reminded me to stick a few quid into Gofar’s coffers. 🙂

Ta

bigblackshed

I’ve bought off the classifieds in the past. The only items I’ve tried to sell have received zero response. Not overly general stuff, but still.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone buy from classifieds anymore?’ is closed to new replies.