Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone breed cats?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

In addition to out two older siamese, recently got two new siamese kittens, one is three months and the other is nearly 6 months. They are just pets and am naturally going to get then neutered. Just wondering whether to let them have a litter each first though when they are a little older.

Anyone have any experience in this area?

I’m an experienced siamese owner but just never bred any before.

footflaps

Way too many cats in the UK as it is, shelters are over run with unwanted cats / strays. Get them neutered.

thegreatape
    Free Member

If you have any lunatic old ladies in your area you could ask them. I believe it is law that they have to breed cats.

Houns

As a cat lover what footflaps said

geoffj

and yet kittens sell like hot cakes on gumtree. I’d expect you’d get a decent premium on Siamese too.
    Could easily be worth £200 each or a grand per litter.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Sorry, I misunderstood the title of your thread…

[backs away carrying a large tube of KY and a thick set of oven gloves]

loddrik
    Free Member

It’s the £250 a kitten I’m thinking of. Pure bred Siamese will always sell too.

myti
    Free Member

Many kittens and cats are put down every year by the rspca. Don’t do it if you care about cats as the person you sell to may have recused a kitten instead.

Xylene
    Free Member

‘Breeding’ cats made me burst out laughing, then consider calling the RSPCA.

khani
    Free Member

My mrs’s aunty breeds Siamese, according to her you need to know the family history of the cats you’re breeding yours with, and the family history of your cats as well,
    She refused to breed hers with a few other cat owners as they had a family history of congenital kidney disease and their offspring all died at about seven years old of kidney failure, which is quite an unpleasant way to go,
    We had ours done as soon as we got em..

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

and yet kittens sell like hot cakes on gumtree.

we got ours from preloved.co.uk 🙁

footflaps

Our two boys came from The Blue Cross, yet another pregnant stray with 6 kittens…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

zippykona

Before you know it you will have a baggy green fleece that’s covered in cat hairs, jogging bottom a bum bag and you will smell of wee.

solarpowered
    Free Member

Please don’t. I love cats. But please don’t do it for the sake of greed & money. Hundreds of cats need homes right now…. We don’t need more cats in the world….

joshvegas
    Free Member

Add me to the list of don’t do it.

lucien

P-Jay – Member
    Sorry, I misunderstood the title of your thread…

[backs away carrying a large tube of KY and a thick set of oven gloves]

POSTED 10 HOURS AGO #

Would you also need some Fish paste by way of enticement?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone breed cats?’ is closed to new replies.