• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Olly.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone bought one of these log cabins Trawsfynydd
  • grantway
    Free Member

Has anyone one here bought one of these Trawsfynydd Log Cabins
    And wonder whats the results and the rental potential on these ?

Nipper99
    Free Member

Do they glow in the dark 😉

richpips
    Free Member

I have a friend who owns one. Even though she rents it out cheaper than the ones through THV I don’t think she does that well out of it.

diz

Richpips could you email her contact details as I’ve been thinking of hiring one for a my wife’s birthday.
    That is if she rents it to people other than friends and family?
    Email in profile.
    Thanks Diz

richpips
    Free Member

Diz, the pice is probably out of date, but the info you require is here.

therag
    Free Member

Great base for mtbing, i stay in their bunk house twice a year.

njee20
    Free Member

Yes I’ve stayed in them many times and they’re good, not sure if but one as an investment though.

footflaps

I’ve stayed in one once, pretty grotty, in fact the whole park is pretty grim, they don’t look like they make much money for the owners.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Pub up the road is brill! Music stopped and everyone turned round as we walked in! I was waiting for the “stay on to the road, keep clear of the moors” line as we left…

cadairviewlodge
    Free Member

We are not THL but an independant company managing cabins for private owners on the same site.
    Rental income depends on the location of the cabin within the site and what standard the cabin is. Good cabins in good locations can bring their owner £5 – £7K a year – we have some that regularly bring in over £10k. Obviously that is before site fees, insurances, council tax, electricity, etc. etc.
    If you want to appeal to mountain bikers you’ll need bike storage and wash facilities and somewhere to hang wet gear.
    If you want to discuss it more (under no obligation for us to manage a property) give us a call.

julians
    Free Member

its a good base for biking, I’ve stayed there many times.

I guess the cabins are only as good as the owner wants them to be, I’ve stayed in some grotty ones and some quite decent ones , but the site itself seems fine to me.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

We stayed there once. Basic (read borderline grotty) cabin but on the edge of the park overlooking fields towards CyB. Stunning view to sit on the veranda and look at.

tonyd

I’ve stayed there before with mates on a biking weekend (CyB) and thought they were very good. Might take the family there this year for a holiday.

Holy sh!t, I just looked at the for sale site, £70k????!!!!!! Definitely wouldn’t buy one!

snowdoniacabin
    Free Member

Hiya,
    Rental potential is pretty good if you have time to market yourself or use a management agent like Cadair View Lodge (above) – we do both! Have you tried one out yet?
    Feel free to get in touch if I can answer any questions, or come & have a look at ours when you’re in the area to get an idea of the layout etc.
    All the best, Rachel
    http://www.snowdoniacabin.com
    Twitter: @snowdoniacabin

Olly
    Free Member

I stayed in one for a week, rented privately. was really nice. just the badger for what we wanted (a base to hit all the welsh centres and snowdonia. Slept a very cosy 6 iirc, and the owner didnt mind that we snuck in an extra 7th on the floor. Pub up the road looked ok but we were too busy riding bikes to check properly

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought one of these log cabins Trawsfynydd’ is closed to new replies.