Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone bought from YT industries/got a YT bike?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Any feedback greatly received

steezysix
    Free Member

I’ve got a Wicked 150 from last year, what did you want to know?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

any good? customer service, delivery time etc?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

oh and size

steezysix
    Free Member

Yeah, I really like the bike, I’d wanted a Zesty for a while but was on a bit of a tight budget, so the wicked got me a better spec for my money, and 10mm more travel (I need every bit I can get!) I’ve swapped the contact points and changed to 36/26 with a bash. Also didn’t like the tyres it came with so put my 2.2 Rubber queens on. Early days yet as far as riding goes, just local loops, but seems solid enough so plan on taking it to the alps this summer. I’m about 6’1″ and a bit and got a large. Top tube is much longer than my previous bike so running a 50mm stem instead of the stock one, feels great.

Was a bit nervous when buying it, obviously hadn’t had a look at one in the flesh, but they’ve had a few good reviews in German bike press and Dirt had a lot of praise for the Noton when they tested it. I think MBR have a review this month but I never buy it so couldn’t tell you what it says. Paying was a bit of a pain, had to do a bank transfer, then email confirmation to YT, then wait a day or two for confirmation from them, but they were really good about answering all my questions beforehand and during. Delivery took about 2 weeks from ordering, but I did order on a Friday so 2 weekends included in that. I would say if you like the look of them, go for it!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

The rear wheel – maxle? 135mm?

What is the seatpost size? How much do you have showing?

steezysix
    Free Member

Definitely 12mm maxle, looks like 135mm hub spacing. Seatpost is 30.9mm so it’ll take a reverb when I get round to buying one. Probably got about 200mm of seatpost showing – standover is really good due to shape of top/seatube brace.

trusty

New version is of the Wicked is now on the YT website, looks very nice. MBR’s review this month is spectacularly poor, basically a padded excuse for not riding it as they don’t get on with the solo air revelation fork. I’m also interested in real life reviews as I’m very tempted to buy one so all info gratefully recieved!

dasnut
    Free Member

Whenever I’ve been to a bikepark in Germany, there have been loads.
    Apart from the goppin colours, they look like great value, especially the wicked 160 ltd with BOS suspension.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

any more owners? Can anyone summarise the wmb review or do i have to buy it?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

or even mbr

seanoc
    Free Member

Would a WMB or MBR review ever be reliable enough to make an informed purchase?

BadlyWiredDog

Well, if I were about to spend a lot of dosh on a bike or anything else, I look at it this way: I want as much information from different sources as I can get including user experiences, friends’ opinions, magazine and web site reviews, test rides etc. The OP didn’t say he was going to make a choice based entirely on an MBR review, just that he was interested in what it said. It’s all grist to the mill, no?

Too much black and white thinking round here.

monkeychild
    Free Member

This x 100000000.

I got WMB on sub for the knee pads and the mag is awful. This month they slag a bike off for its Fox RP2 shock, yet later on in the same test but a different bike they said they didn’t notice not having the features of an RP23?? Absolute garbage. And for some reason they chose a Reign over a Trance for their trail bike test???
    Anyhoo back OT, that Wicked look blimming good.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

BWD – thanks for being intelligent enough to read and think rather than go raaaaaaaaaar he is making a mag based decision 🙂

Spec wise it looks immense, justwant to see as much as i can about how it rides (especially the rock shox rear shock)

godzilla
    Free Member

Are you fancying the Bos equipped wkd ltd cruz? I wasn’t struck on them untill I saw that spec.

seanoc
    Free Member

BWD – thanks for being intelligent enough to read and think rather than go raaaaaaaaaar he is making a mag based decision

I didn’t do that, just merely suggested that a magazine opinion may or may not be the be all and end all. There are good reviews and bad reviews. Being flamed for adding a consideration to the decision making process shows the level of ignorance of some posters.

Looks a good spec for the money though, I just couldn’t live with the branding.

That’ll be all from me.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bought from YT industries/got a YT bike?’ is closed to new replies.