• This topic has 21 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • anyone bought a bike they hate the look of but overlooked cos of the ride ?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

just wondered how much aesthetics matter for people?

myheadsashed

I used to have an ML7 brilliant bike to ride all day great climber – interesting looks 😯

samuri
    Free Member

Anyone who has bought a Klein or a Whyte I should imagine.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Yep, a Ti456. It was fugly.

stevede
    Free Member

An 07 five with the straight top tube, soon forget about the looks once riding though (then start to think about how noisy it is lol). Great ride though IMO.

Vortexracing

yip mine

had two, I like the way they ride that much. the quality of the frame and machining is also spot on.

to be honest it's only the front triangle I don't like the looks of. Don't hate it, just dislike it

njee20
    Free Member

Didn't like the look of my Fuel when I bought it, do now. I buy a bike to ride it though, not to look at it!

crazy-legs

I buy a bike to ride it though, not to look at it!

That's a novel thought Nick, do you reckon that'll catch on with the STW crowd? 😉

Dibbs
    Free Member

I liked the way my PRST-4 rode but I didn't have to buy it and I couldn't care less what it looked like.

sheldona
    Free Member

I hated the look of my Maverick when I bought it but now I like it 🙂 ride is 2nd to none so well worth it in my book

thatscold
    Free Member

I think the Orange Five is an ugly bike, but after a test ride I am seriously considering getting one.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I've got a new ht frame which looks mint as a frame but is looking decidedly less mint in the photos of the complete build. It wants to look a lot better in the flesh or it'll be sold unused.

cb

I bought a Klein Mantra! Most people hated the looks of that. However, I loved the looks but grew to hate the ride! In my defence, when I tested it I loved the ride as well but it was my first taste of full suss and I didn't realise how many scars it would leave me with – became known as "ejector"!

TheFlyingOx

Yup. Tried an alloy Pronghorn XC which is a magical ride but unbelievably fugly. Eventually plumped for the carbon Pronghorn cos I thought it was slightly less nauseating than the alloy, but it has since grown on me. A lot. It's a phenomenal bike to ride, too.

ton

i am with chucky/vortex on this.
    my ventana is nearly as ugly as me…………but it is the only bike i have ever owned that can cope with my immenseness 😉

terrahawk
    Free Member

My Global Softail was interesting to look at. Had some great rides/races on it though.

qcamel
    Free Member

Initially I was really not keen on the Turner 5 Spot and even now think its looks a bit odd, but love the bike to ride so ignore the visual issues…

tazzymtb

my epiphany is not pretty by most folks standards but goes like a doped roadie up nasty tech climbs and scares me silly on the downs so I love it. 😀

singlespeedstu

I wasn't that keen on the look of the Jones.

Had a ride on one and was instantly converted to the extent of selling off loads of stuff to buy one.

Now i love the look of it.

GaryLake
    Free Member

If I needed a race bike I would happily put up the with the looks of a Pronghorn for sure.

Northwind

My Hemlock's not an attractive thing. Not hideous or anything but even with a nice colour choice and everything it still looks like a crane more than a bike. But it works, and I can't see the rear end when I'm riding :mrgreen:

Kuco

One of these. Loved the way is rode and one of the only bikes i ever regret getting rid off.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘anyone bought a bike they hate the look of but overlooked cos of the ride ?’ is closed to new replies.