Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anyone Bought A Bike From Pedalon or Tredz?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Might be getting a bike, mail order, from one of these in the foreseeable future. Any reasons to favour one over the other? Any positive/negative experiences?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I bought a bike from Pedalon, they were fine, a synch to deal with, I took advantage of their 24 month interest free option which was hassle free. Overall they were fine. I’m sure I’ve also bought a few bits and bobs from Trendz, similarly they were fine, no issues.

daftvader
    Free Member

pedal on is my lbs and are really good. if its a new bike not in the sale i’d say pedal on as they do the podium points and we all know points mean prizes!! (or in this case free stuff) i got my synapse from them and £230 in free bits.

sm
    Free Member

I brought my Trek from the Pedalon shop. They cut the bars down for me but no help setting up the shock/forks..

Friendly enough though.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I forgot about the podium points, I might have some to spend!

_tom_
    Free Member

Got one from Tredz, dunno if I would use em again as they were pretty slow and had poor communication with some problems I had.

Jamie
    Free Member

pedal on is my lbs and are really good. if its a new bike not in the sale i’d say pedal on as they do the podium points and we all know points mean prizes!! (or in this case free stuff) i got my synapse from them and £230 in free bits.

Yeah, I noticed that. Looks like I would get 19. Don’t need nowt, so will probably get some Endura stuff, then flog it on the classfieds 8)

MrPottatoHead

I live in Swindon and would rather drive an hour or so to Pedalon than use local shops. Service has always been spot on for me-very helpful staff who know their stuff. The podium points is a great idea and great value. I’m not one for trying to haggle a deal so at least you know from the outset you are getting extras included.

daftvader
    Free Member

jamie really!!! Dont need nowt?!?! there is always something needed…

ChrisI

PedalOn are a good bunch and they post stuff out really quick. I’m only 20mins drive away but quite often get them to post it out as it gets to me next day when I cant make it up there before closing on a night 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

jamie really!!! Dont need nowt?!?! there is always something needed…

Worryingly, I just can’t think of anything! Would have been tempted to get a Garmin Edge, but they seem to skew the points so you need a disproportionate amount compared to other items.

Not fussed, though. As I would rather get cash off.

….what I should probably do is see if anyone wants anything from Pedalon, then buy it with the points and then sell it on with a hefty discount. I get money off the bike, someone gets, for example a Endura Stealth jacket for £100 or something. Everyone wins 8)

twoniner
    Free Member

I used pedalon a few years back, bought a Gary Fisher HT.

With the the poduim ponts I got 2 spare tyres, endura singletrack gloves, Bonty carbon risers, giro Zen helmet and some tubes.

daftvader
    Free Member

Have a think and give them a call…. nearly everything in the shop has a podium point price….

patriotpro
    Free Member

I wouldn’t go near Tredz again…a lie, poor service and forced communication all for some gloves. Never again.

bartimaeus
    Free Member

Anthem from Pedal On in 2010… I went there in person as they allow you to try bikes and they have a track out back. Ordered from them and had the bike delivered. Great service, easy to deal with… I’d use them again.

toppers3933
    Free Member

I used pedalon a couple of years ago and try we’re brilliant. Really helpful and the podium points were great. Got all sorts of stuff with them as everything in the shop was included. Drive down from Leicester to collect the bike (trek fuel). Totally painless. If I didn’t own a bike shop, I’d defo use them again.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Was in Pedalon on Saturday and are a well stock shop, nice people and lucky for me in being local. Had bought a bike from them on drip and paid it off early which cost me a cancellation charge from their finance company, which the boss wasn’t impressed with. Not sure if they have changed who they use now as always buy outright now.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anyone Bought A Bike From Pedalon or Tredz?’ is closed to new replies.