Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone been to Turkey on Holiday??
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

Whats it like??

Where should I go/avoid??

Cheers all.

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

Southern ?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Avoid mid-summer, it’s just too hot!

thebone
    Free Member

yes my sister lives out in Kusadasi, its ok just not loads to do. I’d avoid Bodrum and Marmaris unless your 18!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Avoid mid-summer, it’s just too hot!

It can never be too hot..!!

Having said that, running around the Gulf in full kit did come close..

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

Been to Lara (Hotel Concorde) and Belek (Sirene) temperature is good at that time of the year. Not too hot. Good value for money.

Make sure you take pound notes for the ‘entrance visa’ they charge.

Great for fake Rolex, Omega watches etc and cheap leather handbags/coats.

Foods good, people are friendly. Just be careful where you choose to go. Check up the resort on the net. We’ve just changed our october hotel as it’s had Salmonella outbreaks for the last 4 years running.

We went to Cappadoccia biking, had a great time. We went through a company though. Can’t recall the name though. Not much use, sorry.

Soup
    Free Member

Can highly recommend Olu Deniz. Fantastic place. Been there 3 times paragliding. Fantastic beach lagoon, great food, genuinely great people and overall such a cool atmosphere. Guarantee you’ll like it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yep, Olu Deniz is beautiful – save for the tacky villages just by it. But the coastline is stunning, think mountains just rising out of the sea – and the bluest lagoon I’ve ever swum in. One thing though, is your missus blond haired and blue eyed and are you the type to get a bit jealous if every bloke you pass eyes her up (we’re talking far more blatant than any bloke here would)? If so, don’t go…I found it hilarious myself, but it did take mrs deadly a few days to get used to it. Some guys I met there used to get really wound up about it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to Turkey on Holiday??’ is closed to new replies.