Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • anyone been to the peaks in the last week?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

What are the ground conditions like?

Cheers.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Not bad at all really – had some rain but nowt of note. Its dry now and looks like its drying up. We are out tomorrow round hope but looking out the window now (white peak) seems fine

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers. Feel like I’ve done edale and ladybower to death just lately.

jools182
    Free Member

bit muddy near the new allotments, was up there yesterday, mellor cross might be a better bet, although they are messing about ‘improving’ the path down there, so I’ve heard

No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

Went out yesterday and basically as a rule if it is rutty it is a mudfest. Very muddy on the Roman Road from Hope cross and the descents from Hollins cross down to Edale, but all the rocky paths are in perfect condition.

sambob
    Free Member

Not had much rain at all this week, so anthing rocky is pretty dry. Rushup Edge will probably be a bogfest though.

forgotmename
    Free Member

I did the jacobs loop yesterday, the only muddy areas were greenlands and the trail that takes you down to castleton from hollins cross, i fell on both! Apart from that it was great conditions and no wind at all. i obviously missed rushup edge and hit the road.

monksie
    Free Member

Stanedge Edge was grim this afternoon. Cold, misty and wet. Very large puddles across the whole of the track meant getting soaking wet feet was inevitable and made for a very miserable ride home.

amodicumofgnar

Soft going on the tops. Hayfield and around good but I wouldnt bother with the top of chinley churn / new allotments unless you want mud. Plenty of other good stuff to go at.

Macc Forest / Cat and Fiddle always a good bet when the rest of the peak is soggy. As it Goyt Valley / Buxton Loop. 3 Shires head from the north gets a bit soft through the fields sedtions but exit south on west bank is normally solid. East bank exit can have large pools. Swathamley to Gradbach get soft and waterlogged over the moors but solid down through the woods.

Dont bother with the Monsal dale stuff in the White Peak its slimestone season.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘anyone been to the peaks in the last week?’ is closed to new replies.