Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anyone been to Prague?
  • yoshimi

First off let me explain:

I've beeen to Prague twice before, once 7 years ago with a group of friends on a stag-do and once 3 years ago with my wife.

The first time we wandered all over the city and found areas with lively bars grouped together with a great party atmosphere, but as it was so long ago I cannot remember the places we went to.

The second time with my wife we stayed mainly around the Old Town at night and it seemed that many of the bars were more focussed around couples like us eating and drinking.

This time there is a group of 14 people, all mixed couples. Our ages range from 26-34. We're staying for 30th/31st December.

We're looking for streets and areas to go that will be lively with a good atmosphere, where we can hop in and hop out of many bars which are close together all night rather than just going to one club.

Any ideas?

highclimber
    Free Member

Go to Krakow instead. much cheaper and better beer IMO

yoshimi

Already been there for new year before 🙂

KT1973
    Free Member

I went to Prague with the missus 5 years aog IIRC…
    Stayed in the Aria hotel which was very nice and there were plenty pubs and restaurants nearby

crazy-legs

Was there just under a year ago, beautiful city. We stayed out of town at Andels but it was only a 10 min tram ride into the centre. A lot of the bars in that area now are aimed at the stag/hen set and are consequently very expensive but if you want that sort of thing, best bet is the area just east of Charles Bridge. I guess it still ranks as the Old Town but it's tourist central so loads of bars etc.

We avoided that sort of thing entirely, found a really nice bar just round the corner from the hotel which served good beer and wine for much cheapness. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to Prague?’ is closed to new replies.