Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • anyone been to Gozo? What's it like?
  • supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Last night my wife got a thing for going to Gozo, know very little about it, anyone been?

Any recommendations for a Family holiday for a week in May.

(I still want to go to Italy, with sicily toping my list, so we may have a discussion about this over the weekend)

Harry_the_Spider

It isn’t the biggest.

I spent a day there about 15 years ago and, whilst it was beautiful, I started to recognize the same road junctions as we toured about.

It depends what you want to do. If you like sight seeing I’d stay in Malta and get the ferry across.

mr_average
    Free Member

Much as Harry says – though I wasn’t impressed by Malta either. However, I did see an immaculate original Raleigh Chopper casually left out in someone’s front yard (it’s so hot and dry there the chrome lasts forever). Maybe worth a trip so see if it’s still there? Note my visit was in ~1993…

oldejeans
    Free Member

I hope you like rabbit.
    Take a snorkel.
    Go diving if possible.
    Blue Lagoon is worth a day trip
    Take a boat trip around the azure window
    Ggantia is worth a visit
    Xlendi was quite nice, wish I’d had more time to explore

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

(I still want to go to Italy, with sicily toping my list

Malta’s ok, nothing special, but transport around the island’s pretty good. There’s a fast ferry from Valetta-Pozzollo with a connecting bus to Catania so a day or two to Malta from Sicily is very do-able if you’re based on Sicily’s east coast (Taormina, Catania, Syracuse). directferries.com will give you times/prices

Blue lagoon boat trips, good but busy during tourist season. we went with English Rose or something similar cruises from Mellieha and they provided snorkeling kit – the crystal lagoon is definitely worth a swim around in..
    I’d say 2 days would cover Malta and Gozo.

Mosta Dome is worth a few minutes, and the town of Mdina just for a wander if you have the time to spare. the streets are all on curves so you cannot see further than the flight of an arrow. Apparently.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘anyone been to Gozo? What's it like?’ is closed to new replies.