Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Anyone been to glentress today?
  • nickewen
    Free Member

Just wondering what trail conditions and closures due to logging are like? Still worth going tomorrow?

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Not long back, Zoom or Bust and the blue trails are riding well. Did not ride any of the reds. Fairly wet but miles better than being stuck indoors 😀

There was racing at Innerleithen not sure if it will be on tomorrow as well could not get parked in car park.

nickewen
    Free Member

Cheers for the info ijs. Al have to try and find out if theres racing tomorrow too…

legend
    Free Member

There was racing at Innerleithen not sure if it will be on tomorrow as well could not get parked in car park.

Inners will be busy again tomorrow. It’s round three of the Winter Series (this weekend is the DH leg) this weekend

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

THe DH races at Inners have pretty much zero effect on the XC route.

legend
    Free Member

Indeed, the car park however is likely to be rammed

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure that there’ll be somewhere in town to park and lets face it – the dude is pretty much guaranteed to be on a bike. Problem solved.

nickewen
    Free Member

Cheers fellas. Just gonna go for it I reckon!

bruneep

Snow at gt today

eemy
    Free Member

Weather is meant to be nice from late morning, but it’s pretty miserable looking out the window at the moment. Some rain/sleat.

bruneep

Where are you eemy?

pease
    Free Member

im staying at the hotel on the main road by glentress and its snowing now

bruneep

As am I.

pease
    Free Member

but with the closures i think we are going to innerleithen. sounds like lots of the good bits are ruined 🙁

legend
    Free Member

Just back from GT black – it’s very wet! The diversion was awesome fun in the mud though!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Noooo – Dont tell me that the diversion is ruined already. It was a good bit of trail that.

Northwind

Just back myself. Almost recovered full feeling in my feet! Perfect day apart from that.

Have to say I like these closures, no longer feeling like I’m cheating by not bothering to do Spooky… And leaves some extra leg for doing the better stuff twice. Lovely :mrgreen:

legend
    Free Member

SBZ, if you read my post again you’ll notice that I said “awesome” and “fun” not “rubbish” and “ruined”

Yeah loss of feeling was a bit of a problem in our group too!

jordie
    Free Member

the diversion on the black was muddy last weekend too pretty much a skid from top to bottom.The two water crossings at the bottom are interesting though 😆

bruneep

Up on gypsy glen today, bugger it was cold!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to glentress today?’ is closed to new replies.