Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anyone been to Åre Bike Park?
  • chillidave
    Free Member

I’ve just realised it’s much closer and cheaper to get to than the Alps, problem is I have availability end of September and although the lifts are still open I assume the weather will be unreliable at best.

Would you recommend it? What’s accomodation like nearby? Much going on outside the park itself?

Digger90
    Free Member

Interested in this thread as I’ve often wondered about Are too – although how do you reckon it’s cheaper? Whenever I look at flights they’re much more expensive than a flight to Geneva..

chrispo
    Free Member

Never ridden there but the place was dead in summer 20 years ago.
    Shouldn’t be any snow there in September.
    Remember everything in Sweden is bloody expensive.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hi the bike park is great , really really good. expensive buts lots of other stuff is fairly decent priced (like accommodation)

Otherwise Hafjell in Norway, worlds are there in a fortnight. Norway is however bloody expensive

BruceWee

I live in Trondheim so Åre is my local trails (almost).

There are plenty of good quality holiday apartments to be had, look on Skistar.com for prices but there won’t be any problems with availability.

Lift passes are about £30 a day.

Weather should be fine (but then you might find it pisses down with rain the whole time you’re there). I’ve never found myself rained off the hill anyway.

The downside with September is that most of the lifts have closed. World cup lift is open during the week and the gondola is open Friday to Sunday. The trails from world cup lift are good but they’re pretty cut up after all the people on rental bikes spent the summer braking in the corners. I could do one day just doing those trails but would get a bit bored after that.

When the gondola is running it’s great. The trails from the top of the mountain are fantastic. Some of the best trails are over to the left side of the resort but that then means a bit of a ride to get back to the open lifts.

June/July/August are the best times to go but September is still alright.

Let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to know.

the_chosen_llama
    Free Member

We were looking to go at the beginning of the month, i read on the internet that some of the trails were ruined by heavy rain. Check opening days too. We went to winterberg (germany via amsterdam ferry).

floki
    Free Member

Went there a few years ago with Mrs Floki.
    Very nice place to go ride, very chilled out. Limited number of trails when we went there, but some great stuff.

Local

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been to Åre Bike Park?’ is closed to new replies.