Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • anyone been on a UK "big cat experience"?
  • timdrayton
    Free Member

thinking of taking the missus on one of these.

she loves cats and would love to meet a lion/tiger, at £180+ it would be quicker/simpler/cheaper to just catapault her over the fence into whipsnade, but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience of one of the organised visits first?

you can book them through virgin or by contacting the places direct, from what i can find out there is Paradise Wildlife Park which takes in the public as well, or there is a closed to public sanctuary place which does much the same thing, for a similar price.

so has anyone done one, or know anyone that has?

they vary from 2-6 hours, do you get a lot of "hands on" time, or is it 2 minutes of tiger, then lots of waffle and videos?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

(Waits for big pussy jokes).

D0NK

There's a fat feline git that comes and defecates on my lawn everyday, I'll only charge you a £10er to come and watch that.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ams09121974
    Free Member

Yep, just done a Tiger milking experience at Sandown Zoo. Don't know how much it cost as my missus got it me for my Birthday. Ended up feeding four tigers, including a female white tiger and a tabby male tiger. Fantastic experience, was inches away from them. Not allowed to touch them, as the keepers do not even touch them.
    A few pictures attached.

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2678/4265659511_02e6298d9d_m.jpg[/img]

Interested in the Paradise Wildlife park thing. Whereabouts is it?

IanMunro
    Free Member

So it's true that you can milk anything with nipples.

timdrayton
    Free Member

ams09121974

that looks pretty cool! she'd love that, could you recommend anywhere on the isle of wight (cheapish) to stay?

the paradise place is in kent somewhere near the coast i think…

genesis
    Free Member

Thought you were asking about looking for The Beast of Bodmin!

nicko74

Surely it's not called a tiger milking experience?? Who would buy that?!!

snowslave

Show her the Beast of Bacup

ams09121974
    Free Member

Think there is a Holiday inn in Newport that is pretty reasonable, alternatively book a Sun holiday at one of the parks over there! There is also some pretty decent riding to be had too!

thegreatape
    Free Member

she loves cats and would love to meet a lion/tiger

So did this chap, until yesterday

MrNutt
    Free Member

what gloves for milking a tiger?

gusamc
    Free Member

I was on Orkney once, biking round islands and decided I wanted to go down this path on a farm to a broch. Knocked on farm door (with light in window), knocked again, then louder, loder, then really went for it, door bending on hinges.
    "Sorry have you been there long I thought you were the cat"
    It must have been bloody huge …..

jackspratt
    Free Member

Hi

I have taken my family on 2 VIP tours of longleat the winter ones which are currently available as the park is closed to the public you spend ages with the lions and tigers loads of photos and you also see all the other animals the tour lasts around 5 hours in the winter and 3ish hours in the summer £425 if you want to book the landrover for you own party the landrover will seat 6 my wife and kids had a great time hence I ended up taking them on 2

Cheers

MoreCashThanDash

Did a couple of sessions with the tiger cubs at Paradise Park back in the late 90s.

Great fun – at 8 weeks old they are adorable but surprisingly heavy. At 8 months old I really wasn't that keen to get in the pen with him, tbh!

Be prepared to get scratched and bruised by those huge paws and claws.

Be prepared for any woman you take along to be *VERY* pleased with you 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘anyone been on a UK "big cat experience"?’ is closed to new replies.