Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Anyone been / going to the track WC this weekend?
  • theotherjonv

I was there last night. How much fun is beer, pies and watching lunatics picking themselves off the track and going for it again.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmfeWEg1fq0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

beej

I was there too – great evening’s entertainment. We had hot dogs, curry and beer rather than pies.

How good was that madison?

theotherjonv

Madison was great but even with the screens and commentary at times no one has a clue what’s what! Was the with my dad, sister and b-i-l and they were shouting at anything that moved!

It was Tim Veldt in the omnium elimination for me. Fall off, dust down, rejoin and win it! Have to admire his balls – and if the hole in his skinsuit had been slightly differently placed that may have been a literal rather than figurative expression!!

matts
    Free Member

Was there on Friday night when GB won men’s and women’s team pursuit. The women’s, especially, was a brilliant competition all night. Aus were pretty unlucky in the mens, though. Dropped a rider at 2k in the semi, then one of the remaining 3 punctured a lap later. He did amazingly well to keep it upright, as the tyre went just as he swung off from his turn. Still, that’s the risk you take to drop down to 3 riders.And everyone hates to see the Aussies suffer like that, amirite? 😈

The worst part of the night was queueing up for crepes for 10 minutes, then the machine broke while serving the people in front of me in the queue. Gutted. 😆

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I was there Friday night too

Hotdog and several Meantime ipa’s for me 🙂

beej

Ah yes, the Meantime beers. The Red was very good.

I’ve watched a few madisons so I’m OK following what’s going on – I was being the personal commentator for my friends. Interesting decision at the end to not give NZ the lap, was debatable where the bunch was as the front group was only about six teams and the second group (which they caught) was similar. Home advantage maybe?

Men’s elimination, slightly forgot that. You’re right,brilliant effort to come back and win after falling.

theotherjonv

We were on the back straight and you could pick the rider going out each time with about 75% probability – on their face, the rocking shoulders, the nodding head…….

My dad’s been twice now and rates it as the best sporting event he’s seen live – for the mix of entertainment and excitement, atmosphere, but also because you’re so damn close to it! And the bang when they go down is immense.

brakes
    Free Member

I went yesterday evening and today.
    really good entertainment, especially 5m from the finish line!
    madison was a highlight and Trott in the Omnium points race.
    you pay for it though. £50 a ticket, £5 a beer, £6 for a burger.

theotherjonv

£50?!?

I think I paid about £27 for mine. OK, we were in the upper tier, but it’s not like it’s Wembley or o2 sized.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been / going to the track WC this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.