Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anyone been family camping this season yet??
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

As in just tent on a site, no hook up etc. Looking at tomorrows weather, looks to be a nice day but dropping to 5 degrees sat night!! I can see a few moans if we go for it and don’t want to rock the tent this early in the year!! Can’t wait to take bikes with us this yr as the just turned 6 yr old has finally cracked it!

donsimon
    Free Member

I was looking at tents this morning, I really need to get into gear and get a cage for the little ‘un and tent for me so we can go camping and broaden our horizons

carlosg
    Free Member

Did 2 nights in the back garden last week with my 6 year old , does that count?

wrightyson
    Free Member

When it’s good weather you gotta love it, the one time we got rubbish weather last yr whilst camping prompted me into buying a decent tent. It was fun abadoning a tent with water feature at 6.30 am but it would have been much nicer to see out the storm and cook breakfast at 10 am rather than hot footing it to the local mcd’s for a sausage and egg muffin!!

firestarter
    Free Member

i was away at the beginning of the week and it was cold at night

wrightyson
    Free Member

Definately counts, did you get cold?? Mrs wrighty will be the biggest problem moan wise for us because she gets cold opening the **** fridge in the kitchen!!!

yunki
    Free Member

mysister and her family have been camping all this week.. we’re joining them on sunday evening..

they were very cold on tuesday evening

marcus
    Free Member

All geared up for tomorrow in the peak. Me and my 2 girls, 1 of 2 years old and the other 7 months. Plenty of blankets ready. Its going to be interesting as niether have slept in a tent yet. Wife is expecting me to be back home by midnight.

carlosg
    Free Member

Definately counts, did you get cold??

No not really , we put a picnic carpet (silver foil backed ,about £5 at asda) on the floor then our thermarests and just a sleeping bag each. I even took the camping stove out and we had hot dogs n beans for breakfast 😀

wrightyson
    Free Member

There’s something about tinned hot dogs cooked whilst camping that helps you forget what they actually contain. 😯
    Always a winner!!

wrightyson
    Free Member

It’s a no then for us. All off for a bike ride instead today! I’ve a feeling it’s gonna be busy out there!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anyone been family camping this season yet??’ is closed to new replies.