Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anyone bag pre-sale Frank Turner tickets?
  • johnj2000
    Free Member

I remember back when it was all just fields and you could get a Frank Turner gig ticket no problem at all. He seems to have gone and gotten a bit popular now and people grumbling about not being able to get tickets. I got some for Southampton 🙂 anyone else? Anyone care?

Northwind

Missed the presale but hoping to get along to the Barras, never been a gig of his I didn’t enjoy. Though obviously I prefered million dead because I’m so cool.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Of course Northwind, bet you saw them when there was just you, your girlfriend and a sheep 🙂

Personally haven’t really listened to Million Dead, tried a cpl of tracks but didn’t really get on with them. Obviously not that cool

wrightyson
    Free Member

He was brilliant headlining our local festival last year. He’d played it many years ago on his way up.

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

…and why not…..

johnj2000
    Free Member

Going to see him next weekend at Meonfest. Just a solo acoustic performance I think but should be good, taking the children as well so usual warnings about bad language required beforehand 🙂

IdleJon

taking the children as well so usual warnings about bad language required beforehand

To stop your kids swearing? Blimey o’riley.. 😆

Pity he’s not playing anywhere near me. Bristol is closest but I’m not sure I fancy a 160 mile round trip for Frank.

Is it cool that I was once invited to a Million Dead gig but didn’t go? 😉

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Didn’t know it was him out that band. Million Dead were my favourites as a yoof.

I play Breaking the Back in my head when I get on the tube sometimes.

Northwind

“We hope you like our new direction”. He does an acousticked version of smiling at strangers on trains sometimes which I like more than the MD version.

Wait, shouldn’t have said that. I have hipstered poorly.

Still can’t decide if Mongol Horde are good or not. But Make Way is great.

M6TTF
    Free Member

amazed he could fill a phone box!

johnj2000
    Free Member

I found the Mongol Horde thing a bit too much, like to hear a minimum of 50% of the lyrics

Northwind

But then when you listen to the lyrics really carefully, they turn out to be terrible anyway so it’s OK.

Off to the barras, anyway. Good crowds, good sound, sticky floors.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Southamptons ok for the sound as well and hoping he puts in an appearance at the wEdgewood rooms for an additional treat

johnj2000
    Free Member

Struggling a bit with his new single mind, but then I said that about recovery and quite like it now

wrightyson
    Free Member

Happy father’s day to me. Off with a hotel for the night all booked by the good lady. Rock city here we come. Hopefully this time I won’t be at least 10+ years older than everyone else

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anyone bag pre-sale Frank Turner tickets?’ is closed to new replies.