Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • anyone any good at ummmm…. editing music
  • emma82
    Free Member

if that’s even allowed? I have no idea….but I need to cut a song for a dance thing I am doing. It needs to start at 14 seconds and then fade out after 2:14? How can I do that or preferably can someone do it for me lol 🙂 Help please!!!! 🙄

emma82
    Free Member

oh and if anyone is any good with sequins that would be a big help too 😀

mboy
    Free Member

Download Audacity for free…

http://audacity.sourceforge.net

Would offer to do it for you, but if you don’t do it youself, you will never learn now will you! 😉 (spent 4 years with an ex GF who never once learnt to put the wheels in her bike, when getting it out of the car, she even rang me once 6 months after we’d split up to ask me how to do the wheels up!).

emma82
    Free Member

🙁 I only want it for one song. Is it easy on audacity? I literally am completely useless when it comes to this stuff. I don’t think Ive ever done bikes wheels either, in fact I’ve never washed my bike. I think I have bike fairies though cuz it’s always cleaned 🙂

RichPenny
    Free Member

Do it for her Mark you meanie 😉

stratobiker
    Free Member

send it to me Emma I’ll do it for you.

stratobiker at yahoo do co dot uk

SB

bigblackshed

Volunteers to do it.

Send me the file, mp3 is fine and I’ll chop it up tonight.

bigblackshed @ gmail dot com

emma82
    Free Member

yayee thank you, it’s just taken me 20 minutes to download audacity 🙂 hangon a bit I’ll have to work out how to email 😉

emma82
    Free Member

aaarrrggghhh it wont attach it’s too big 🙁

edit: oh maybe it will, it’s saying it’s sent now 🙂

stratobiker
    Free Member

It’s on it’s way back to you.
    SB

emma82
    Free Member

Thank you SB 🙂 life saver! Just got to sort out the sparkly outfit now

stratobiker
    Free Member

My pleasure Emma. Glad I could help.
    SB

RobHilton
    Free Member

Sometimes I doubt mboy’s commitment to sparkle motion

Muke
    Free Member

So what was the tune then ?

emma82
    Free Member

Thanks SB – email won’t let me reply for some reason, think its cos I’m on my phone.

Muke – Song was titanium – David Guetta.

emsz
    Free Member

dancey track that 8)

emma82
    Free Member

Ahhh I loves it 🙂

bigblackshed

Sent back my version just now.

emma82
    Free Member

Thanks bbs, will have a listen 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

Sometimes I doubt mboy’s commitment to sparkle motion

Meh

In the depths of a 3000 word essay right now that needs to be done for Friday.

Muke – Song was titanium – David Guetta.

Eeeesh God, there’s not enough money in the world that would have got me to edit that track for you anyway! The man used to be my absolute hero until he became a total and utter sellout, making commercial crap for the sake of it… Suggest anyone that’s new to Guetta actually checks out some of his old (decent) stuff from back in the day, like “Just a little more Love”, rather than the music by numbers tripe he churns out at the rate of one an hour now… Honestly, if I met him, I couldn’t stop myself from giving him abuse I reckon! I used to idolise that man, now he makes music that makes me want to punch him in the face…

yayee thank you, it’s just taken me 20 minutes to download audacity hangon a bit I’ll have to work out how to email

By the time you’d attached it to an email, sent it to someone else, waited for them to do it, then email you back. You could have done it yourself! Audacity is soooooooo good, and so easy to use. Have a play with it in case you need to do anything similar in the future.

RobHilton
    Free Member

In the depths of a 3000 word essay right now that needs to be done for Friday.

Going by the length and detail of some of your posts you won’t have any trouble knocking that out 😀

mboy
    Free Member

Going by the length and detail of some of your posts you won’t have any trouble knocking that out

Haha

I’m still doing the research!

I don’t think the 3000 words is going to be a problem, keeping it to 3000 words that make sense might be though!

Nick

checks out some of his old (decent) stuff from back in the day, like “Just a little more Love”,

On that recommendation I just did, erm, well, er, it’s still cheese init.

mboy
    Free Member

well, er, it’s still cheese init

sheeesh

Heathen! 😕

It’s lively, upbeat and quite a happy song yeah, but it’s far from cheesy. Anthemic even, but there’s a difference between something being commercial by design, and something being commercially successful because it is good. Just a little more love works on so many levels. Titanium and just about everything else he’s produced in the last several years is very one dynamic, designed only to appeal on a very simple level. Guetta is a clever man, he knows the big money is in the commercial tripe, so that’s what he’s done. You wouldn’t be surprised to know that the likes of Guetta will churn out a track like Titanium in a matter of a couple of hours, from start to finish. Something like Just a little more Love, would have taken a whole lot longer as it has far more depth in it, WAY more production skills. Anybody with a computer, a DAW and a MIDI keyboard could churn out Titanium or the likes quite quickly if you follow a very basic formula. Just a little more love, that’s got some real class to it that he hasn’t even repeated himself since it was released!

emma82
    Free Member

No worries Mboy – you are obviously more committed to coursework than me – i’d be over the moon if someone offered me a diversion activity. Probably why I never do very well with coursework though :/

I know what you mean about the song but I chose it just because its quite boppy and most people will know it and like it. Ive sat through these dance things before and if everyone chooses a song that no ones heard of it actually gets quite boring. That’s my excuse and I am sticking to it although I was originally using either Gorillaz Dare or Yeah yeah yeahs Heads will roll….

emma82
    Free Member

Bigblackshed/strato could you help at all? I need same thing again but for a different song which needs to end at 3 minutes with a bit of a ‘bang’ (will make sense when you know the song)

stratobiker
    Free Member

emma82,
    Of course!!! Tell us what you need!
    SB 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

sb, on an aside, where in France are you these days? In the miggle, is it?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

end at 3 minutes with a bit of a ‘bang’

Sounds like a Steel Panther song!

stratobiker
    Free Member

@deadlydarcy – I’m 30kms west of Limoges. Halfway down, to the left a bit. Why you ask?

I’ll help

I’ve got pro tools and logic audio. Piece of piss

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Why you ask?

Mrs deadly and I are camping for four nights between Brive and Perigeux (Hautefort) from the 10th to the 14th July. (might even be bumping into Stoner out there…well, he’s kinda hard to miss, big long streak of shite that he is).

CountZero

I’ll help

I’ve got pro tools and logic audio. Piece of piss

Show off! 😀

Lol – shit in bed, great at editing music

emma82
    Free Member

Thanks SB, don’t think is needed now, found out last night that comp routine has to be between 4-5 minutes rather than three so now im trying to pick a new song that’s longer as one i wanted is only 3:38 :/

Lol – shit in bed, great at editing music

You lot do make me chuckle 🙂

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘anyone any good at ummmm…. editing music’ is closed to new replies.