• This topic has 26 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by will.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Anyone actually rolled iphone4back to ios5 from 6.1??
  • giantx4
    Free Member

Just got my iphone4 on 6.1,i read most owners of the 4 on 6.1 are moaning that it has ruined their trusty phone?? Mine seems ok but cant help wandering should it be better back on the 5.1?? Anyone actually done it as it seems hard to do?… Ta

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

If it seems OK then why bother? If it ain’t broke…. 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ruined in what way ?

GrahamS

i read most owners of the 4 on 6.1 are moaning

iPhone 4 here on 6.1. No complaints.

In fact we have a 3GS on 6.1 too and it is fine.

giantx4
    Free Member

Ruined as in laggy,slow,doesnt work as well as before on ios 5.1… Ye i get the dont fix if aint broke thing, but thought id pick the stw brains for any genuine experiences of such things…;)

tomhoward

Mines still on 4.3.2 😀

giantx4
    Free Member

I just come from galaxy s2 (kept freezing daily!?), so the iphone is sweet, but just wanna get the best out of it that i can 😉

wrightyson
    Free Member

Maps maps maps….

giantx4
    Free Member

Ye the 6.1 maps are supposed to be rubbish compared to the 5.1 google ones?

sc-xc

I think I might try rolling back. Ever since I upgraded, I can’t keep a wifi connection. Google suggests this is common when using BT homehub.

ski
    Free Member

My daughter has just upgraded my iPhone from 6.0.1 to 6.1 then jailbreaked it, now I have a chuffing hello kitty theme, try explain that one down the pub!

Drac

Got a text from Vodafone recommending not to upgrade my 4S until the fix the 3G issue. Luckily I hadn’t but also received my 5 yesterday too.

GrahamS

Mines still on 4.3.2

Blimey! You are missing really quite a lot of good stuff!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_version_history

Ye the 6.1 maps are supposed to be rubbish compared to the 5.1 google ones?

They are “variable” but there is a Google Maps app in the App Store so no biggie.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Maps maps maps….

Old news. I’ve been using it since September and its fine. In fact, personally, I prefer Apple maps to google maps.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

They are “variable”

That’s being kind. A couple of weeks ago it didn’t even know where Altrincham was.

RDL-82
    Free Member

I think I might try rolling back. Ever since I upgraded, I can’t keep a wifi connection. Google suggests this is common when using BT homehub.

No issues here on a Homehub 2 infinity thing.

Also on 6.1 from the release day, no issues beyond the maps being a work in progress to be polite!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Unless its been previously jailbroken and you save your blobs, youre SOL..

wrightyson
    Free Member

The maps are in a word ****! I have a non updated four (personal) and a five (business) and use the four a lot. In fact the five is pretty shut to be fair and booked in to be swapped!

GrahamS

Apple Maps are fairly rubbish in places but not much of a reason to avoid updating since the Google Maps app is free in the App Store.

igm

Battery life seems marginally better on my 4 since it did the latest version of iOS 6.

Not problems to report.

Make sure you get the second generation of 6, though I’m not sure how you would ge the earlier version by mistake anyway.

Ewan
    Free Member

Still running ios4 on my iPhone4. Still as quick as when I got it…. don’t see that i’m missing out on much.

GrahamS

Take a look at the version history above. For me the notification centre and improvements to mail, messages, camera and safari are well worth upgrading for. YMMV though.

(Also you are probably missing a ton of updates for apps that only work on newer OS)

enfht
    Free Member

Try using iRollbax

giantx4
    Free Member

Enfht have you used it with success??

will
    Free Member

I am also using 4.3 and do need to upgrade, just for the camera if nothing else! The difference is quite noticeable!

Problem is my computer doesn’t have enough memory to backup my phone and I don’t want to loose my pictures 😆

Ewan
    Free Member

Still running ios4 on my iPhone4. Still as quick as when I got it…. don’t see that i’m missing out on much.

Opps my bad. Turns out i’m running 5.0.1. Still not going to upgrade!

will
    Free Member

I also can’t update quite a few apps now 😆

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Anyone actually rolled iphone4back to ios5 from 6.1??’ is closed to new replies.