Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Anyone actually ridden a Zesty 714 yet?
  • rhayter

I'm getting itchy wallet. And I've got my eye on a 2010 Lapierre Zesty 714. Anybody actually ridden one? What's your view, bearing in mind the sort of riding you do, your skill level, fitness etc. All comments welcome.

Ta.

Rich

dasnut
    Free Member

I've got one (not this years hyper expensive model, but a 2008, with the 5mm longer toptube – allegedly. and its not got any carbon on it)

I customised it, its ace at banging down hills fast.

you won't be disappointed.

rhayter

Cheers for that dasnut.

But it's impressions of the carbon-ness that I'm after, I suppose.

(BTW: I wonder wether you can actually feel a 5mm difference in top-tube length… I doubt it very much. But put a shorter stem on too…)

IamSam
    Free Member

Rode last years and the 914 and they both scared the bejesus out of me skittered about alot on the downs, I fell off both, but were very very quick going up hills
    Bought a 514 and love it

zestybeard

Had a 314 for over a year now. Awesome machine. Heavily upgraded it. 36 Talas fork too. It's like three bikes in one now. Always makes me smile. Geometry is spot on. I'm not entirely fit but it climbs well and descends as good as my SC Nomad. If not better. I do all types of riding, XC, AM, DH and it copes with it all very well. Not ridden a 2010 model yet. But I'm sure they are as good or if not better than the previous years models. Apparently from what I have read in dirt. The Orange five better watch out next year as it may not be at the top of the pile anymore if Lapierre keeps up with it's fanbase. Seriously….buy one.

khewett
    Free Member

my 2010 Zesty 714 should arrive tomorrow, watch this space!

GlenMore
    Free Member

Contact Mark at The Bike Chain. He was out on one on Sunday.

glenh
    Free Member

I've had a play on a '09 one and it was awesome. The power transfer is amazing for a 140mm bike, and it seems to work pretty well on the downs too.

ojom
    Free Member

As Glen says – i took our demo out on sunday just been.

I have an alloy one already (for a year)- interesting differences, all down to the Carbon i think.

BTW you can feel the 5mm – i was super sceptical and famous for not actually sticking long enough with a bike to notice anything but i have ridden my alloy zesty a lot over the past year and it fits like a glove/i have got quite sensitive to any changes in set up etc.

Bear in mind its only the medium that has been shortened.

Anyway – it feels exactly like i thought it would. Light, easy to accelerate, confident angles make you feel like you want to go faster all the time. I really liked how it felt just like mine… but lighter and easier to move around.

I am happy to have a chat about it if you want – no sales pitch either.

Mark

stumpy01

Bum – was going to enquire about a demo hire of the Zesty, thebikechain, but there must be a demo one closer to Peterborough!

Not got enough holiday remaining for a trip up your way…..

IanMmmm
    Free Member

I've got one (not this years hyper expensive model, but a 2008, with the 5mm longer toptube – allegedly. and its not got any carbon on it)

I customised it, its ace at banging down hills fast.

you won't be disappointed.

I think that's more to do with you bulking up at the gym…

I

ojom
    Free Member

Bum – was going to enquire about a demo hire of the Zesty, thebikechain, but there must be a demo one closer to Peterborough!

Not got enough holiday remaining for a trip up your way….

dont mind sparing 15mins to talk on the phone anyway if it helps.

in fact anything to take my mind away from the RMS database and Matrix product creation….

chakaping
    Free Member

bikechain – You must be a Lapierre dealer then? What's the latest you've heard about arrival times for Froggies, if you don't mind me asking?

ojom
    Free Member

hiya

yep we are.

current info is that they will be around in Week 2 2010 – all models good availability.

there has been some already so there is a chance of earlier delivery if they have what you need in stock dans le franceland. they do have some kicking about which are for delivery when scheduled.

BASICALLY – a dealer can call Hotlines with what you want exactly and they will tell you oui or non.

help you?

chakaping
    Free Member

Great help yes thanks.

I've got a 318 on back order with a large retailer and had heard slightly different things from them and Hotlines.

Think I'll have to reschedule next month's DH day for 2010.

stumpy01

thebikechain – might give you a bell at some point…..

Shortlist is currently –

2010 Stumpy Elite
    2010 Fuel EX8
    2010 Zesty 314

Mainly ride local trails (nothing too techy), UK trail centres & a week in spain/year. I imagine all of these must be more suitable than my current 01 Stumpy FSR.

d4
    Free Member

Why did I know you'd be in here KHewett. Have you christened it yet?

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Are they ever gonna do a frame only option and anyone know how it compares to a TNT 5 spot?

GlenMore
    Free Member

stonemonkey – Member

Are they ever gonna do a frame only option?

Ever? Certainly not this year.

albash82
    Free Member

got my 714 last week & only just had time to get out on it yesterday. went to gisburn in p*ssing rain & it rocked my world! buy one…
    incidentally, if you want one in xl, order it by cob tomorrow & you'll get it mid-dec… was on the phone to hotlines for a customer today.

ojom
    Free Member

Stumpy – taking a day off tomorrow but back in on sat.

Mark

khewett
    Free Member

🙂 mine arrived last night, not taken it far yet, thats for this weeked.

Looks amazing cant wait

stumpy01

Does the Zesty frame (carbon or not) have any bosses for bottle mounts?

ahwiles
    Free Member

i wanted to buy a Zesty frame earlier this year, the short answer is that you can't – the Chumba VF2 is more or less the same thing, except you can't make joles about it being called 'Peter'.

khewett
    Free Member

my 714 has no bottle cage mounts

jimcollins67
    Free Member

bought last years 314 an amazing bike, great on the ups and really fast on the down's. blows my previous bike away, meta 5.5, had demo'd the trek ex, trek remedy, and yeti 575 all on the same day but the zesty imo was the best.

si-wilson
    Free Member

I must admit the lapierre's look really nice, for an off the peg bike they tick all the boxes. For me the decals look a bit over the top, but the rest of the bike looks great, very clean lines and looks a hoot! Still, would rather ride an alloy one 🙂

ojom
    Free Member

i had a lovely time on my zesty today, that is all.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Si you doing any deals / ex demo on a VF2 then?

Jonno

my 714 has weird bottle mounts on the down tube.

si-wilson
    Free Member

Si you doing any deals / ex demo on a VF2 then?

I couldn't say on here, it would not be right 🙂

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Si

emails in profile 😉

khewett
    Free Member

Anyone in any doubt if the bike lives upto its hype, it does – excellent.

And the bike it replaces is a 08 Spesh Pitch Pro so a good bike, but the 714 is a diffrent leauge. Accelerates like a hardtail but with all the fun full suss bits for the downs!

Prefer the ride of full carbon frame 714 to the 514 alloy/carbon rear I tried.

Happy camper here (bit poorer though), anyone want to buy a Pitch Pro?

albash82
    Free Member

rode gisburn again today. big grins all round 😀 😀

khewett
    Free Member

albash82, what chainstay protector you got on there.

mines got that stock pastic one that only covers upper of chainstay.

Did you use a Lizard skin and just cut it at the back somehow to accomadate the rear cable routing?

albash82
    Free Member

yup. t'is a lizard skin, obviously the swingarm sized one. i just cut a couple of slits down the back & it fits real well. odd how they didn't spec these as they have in previous years.. 😕
    indidentally, i was ragging mine up & down the final descent at ae yesterday… truly confidence inspiring i tell thee!

discapade
    Free Member

does anyone know where i can get hold of a 2009/2010 lapierre 714?

ojom
    Free Member

You called?

We have some 2010. Mediums are available in stock.

hughjengin
    Free Member

My mate has a 2010 714, we ride all sorts here in North Wales, very technical wilderness routes, trail centres, XC ish stuff he bought on the strength of being totally impressed by my more modest 09 314. Now everytime he rides his 714, he just says the words "phenomenal bike" over, and over again, Nuff said, I think !

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

2010 714 here – awesome just relentlessly fast up and down.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Anyone actually ridden a Zesty 714 yet?’ is closed to new replies.