Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • anyone about to book a centreparcs holiday
  • wildrnes
    Free Member

best not eh

that is all

runswithscissors

why not?

druidh
    Free Member

I’m guessing there might be some financial problems?

AB
    Free Member

Was going to in the next day or two – have our dates all picked out. You care to elaborate?

wwaswas

UK or Europe?

darrell
    Free Member

well i’m supposed to be going to one in Holland in March for the Marillion festival

yeah sad i know

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Nothing in the business news.

Are you talking out of your arse?

wwaswas

wildrnes – I think you owe it to people who post on here, some of whom may have a financial interest in your statement to elaborate further.

that is all

wwaswas

thinking about it CP UK is owned by Blackstone and they’re not short of a few bob (google them) – so is this CP Europe (separate company)?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Nothing about CP Europe on business news either.

wildrnes
    Free Member

fair enough talking out of my arse you guys book away, i am sure they will be fine

you guys heard of atradius?

richc
    Free Member

would you risk it for the sake of hanging on for a few days?

My partner who is a lawyer gets a daily analyst e-newsletter which highlights who might be going to the wall in the next few weeks and has known about most of the big stories a week or so before they hit the papers.

wwaswas

CP have suppliers as well as customers, though.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Well a Google search tells me that Atradius are a credit management firm, OK so they might pull the rug from underneath Centre Parcs, even in the wost scenario I’d wager existing bookings will be honored, AFAIK CP is a profitable business so they won’t be left to die.

sturmey
    Free Member

Going for a weekend at the end of the month or maybe not? Can’t find anything on them so please enlighten me.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

wildrnes,

Ok if you do know something then let on, rather than being a smart arse, a lot of people on this forum use centerparcs and a family holiday for 4 or so is v.expensive so you could be worrying them unnecessarily.

footstomper
    Free Member

(richc) If you have some info about who is going to the wall how about sharing with the STW massive?

wildrnes
    Free Member

mr wild m @ hotmail dot com

king tut
    so far you have said i am talking out of my arse and called me a smart arse

i am only passing on information i get every day about companies that we supply

(none of our accounts are below £1 million a month so we are not small fry)

The Rug has NOT been pulled, but it is a little shakey
    feel free to email me, but i may not be able to reply till tonight (slightly too many flashing adverts on hotmail’s webmail)
    i will also know more by then

wwaswas

wildrnes again, is this mainland europe or uk centerparcs?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

and yes the rug has been pulled, in the same way as we know which car firms are somewhat stressed in the current climate (and we knew in november)

Excellent that’s all you needed to say, BTW I didn’t say you were talking out of your arse, I asked if you were, but you were being a smart arse.

Anyhow thanks for the info, I’m sure it will be useful for those who are about to book, I have a weekend booked and paid for to the tune of £500 not the end of the world but I’m pretty sure it would be honored anyway.

richc
    Free Member

I will ask, and post back on here later/tonight.

edit: looks as if there is no need now then.

wildrnes
    Free Member

from what i can see everything seems ok for us (not necciserily for you) for all of this year,
    i would hazzard a guess your booking will be fine this year, but as less people will be making long term bookings (due to the lack of funds,) i would imagine that the outlook for a company such as this could be looking a touch foggy
    uk sites/company by the way

is that general enough that everyone understands what is happening without me telling you the actual details?

MrSmith
    Free Member

wouldn’t the u.k ones pick up more business? weak pound means people stay in the u.k plus you get a few johnny foreigners coming over for cheap shopping and crap food.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

MrSmith – Member

wouldn’t the u.k ones pick up more business? weak pound means people stay in the u.k plus you get a few johnny foreigners coming over for cheap shopping and crap food.

I’d be inclined to agree with you, however CP is not a cheap budget option by any stretch of the imagination.

wwaswas

wildrenes – their business model is such that they don’t take many bookings more than 6 months ahead anyway.

also, the travel industry int he uk is seeign a rise in bookings currently due to a) the wekness of the pound making people stay at home and b) the weakness of the pound making it more atrtractive to overseas visitors.

although cp are a ‘premium’ brand in terms of their pricing strategy they use some fairly sophisticated yield management to set their pricign and introduce discounts for periods when demand is low.

as for next year – there’s not many companies today who would want to predict that evrythign will be rosy in a years time.

finally, blackstone spent several hundred million on CP and will have invested as much again in the villages since, they are unlikely to shut up shop.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘anyone about to book a centreparcs holiday’ is closed to new replies.