• This topic has 21 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by nina.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • anyone a fan of clif bars?
  • MrCrushrider
    Free Member

as above folks,

tried one, liked it – but not used them ont’ bike. do they do the bizz?

thanks

ben

Paceman
    Free Member

Great trail nosh IMO, easy to eat and tasty, keep your energy levels topped up. I like the Carrot Cake, Mint Choc Chip and Peanut Butter ones best. 😀

jacksta
    Free Member

I like the peanut butter choc chip ones the best. Ok on a casual ride but if you are out all day on a big nonstop ride / enduro race type thing then they can get dry and harder to eat. Torq bars are easier to get down in this situation and fit better in your pocket.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

not tried them yet, but i should cos they’re all vegan.
    only disappointing thing is the lack of most of the full range over here; have you seen how many different flavours of them you can get in the US? absolutely amazing…

at the moment i use nak’d raw bars. they’re good and tasty, but possibly a bit too “healthy” tasting for many folks…

AndyP
    Free Member

aye, lovely stuff. Peanut butter ones nicest – only they’ve been pulled owing to a salmonella scare. Choc chip or carrot cake yer next best.

atlaz
    Free Member

The mint choc chip is disturbing and quite possibly the worst of the lot. I tend to buy in bulk (in the US) and use them for trail food or when I can’t eat and need something to keep me going in general.

FuzzyWuzzy

I like them but tend to use shot bloks more often (they’re good on a long ride though when you want something more filling). I found the carrot cake a bit sweet and all of them go a bit hard when it’s really cold (although not powerbarbreakyourteeth hard).

Bunnyhop

In America I tried them all, until catching viral bronchitis and now can’t eat them.
    Yes they give you loads of energy and great for riding.
    If one is sitting in the bottom of your backpack, it doesn’t matter if it get squashed.
    xherbivorex, let me know when you’re next up here and I’ll save you a couple of bars.

nina
    Free Member

some flavours are on offer just now at 99p. choc-chip for the win!

ourmaninthenorth

No peanut butter..? OMG – that’s the best flavour.

Clif bars are my preferred on bike energy bar, although I have yet to try Torq.

Didn’t realise they were vegan – that’s interesting (and good for vegans, too!).

Rivett
    Free Member

Yes. The Mint Choc Chip

CraigW
    Free Member

some flavours are on offer just now at 99p. choc-chip for the win!

On offer where? I’ve not seen them that cheap anywhere, and I could do with some more.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

BH- that’d be really nice.
    we didn’t end up getting to the lakes last week, so no wonder you didn’t see us! i almost had time to get over for J’s nighttime jaunt last night, but sadly didn’t see the info quite early enough to have made it. next time though…

OMITN- yeah, all except one of them is completely free from animal products (actually, all the clif bars are, it’s one of their other products that has honey in i think, or some milk derivative)…

MussEd
    Free Member

Funniest character in Cheers IMO, although I quite liked Norm too…

sadexpunk

hmmm………looks like im the odd one out then. been looking forward to trying them out for ages, as i was sure id love em. tried the raisin and oats or whatever it was. one of my favourite flavours. and thought it was a bit sh*t tbh. much prefer my own home made bars, or elevenses :-/

atlaz
    Free Member

So yeah… on sale where? 🙂

freeandsingle
    Free Member

On sale at 18 bikes I believe..

twinklydave

They’re “ok” (but not amazingly yummy) with a cup of tea, i can’t eat them while racing…at all.

the shot bloks are pretty good for energy riding nosh

simondbarnes

The mint choc chip are pretty nice for an energy bar. I make sure we always have then in the shop where I work so that I can grab one for my long commute home. Shot bloks are pretty ace, quite spendy although some flavours are currently buy two get one free 🙂

corroded
    Free Member

Love ’em, especially peanut butter and the carrot cake with yoghurty blobs. Always used to bring back a couple of boxes from the US – didn’t know they were available here.

simondbarnes

> didn’t know they were available here

Yup, the lovely people at 2Pure bring them in.

nina
    Free Member

on sale cheap in the bike chain in edinburgh

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘anyone a fan of clif bars?’ is closed to new replies.