Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • anyone 1 tried the new sram x7 shifters?
  • tony24
    Free Member

My x9 RH shifter is not in a good way and i need to get a replacement. are the new 2011 sram x7 shifters any good? how do they feel quality wise compared to the x9 2010 stuff?

any help appreciated.

Pauly

Yes. Used X7 for years and the new ones feel much better; a much more quality feel to them and not as plasticky imo.

tony24
    Free Member

nice to here i had x7 on my old bike but they were 2009 they felt ok but the shifts did not feel as good as x9. i will give the new 2011 x7 a go because they must have changed the design for the better…

legend
    Free Member

Yes. Used X7 for years and the new ones feel much better; a much more quality feel to them and not as plasticky imo

+1

coatesy
    Free Member

Just had our first 2011 X7 shifter replaced under warranty, only lasted a couple of months before dying. All the others have been fine though.

robarnold
    Free Member

Do yourself a favour and upgrade to Shimano. Buy well. Buy once

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

ha ha robarnold, love the troll post.

Looking forward to trying the 2011 SRAM stuff, I need a new mech sometime soon I think so thining x7 mech, x9 shifter.

tony24
    Free Member

i would go with shimano shifters if i didnt have to have there mech’s aswell im sorry but srams fit and forget mechs are a god send, not to mention its a xo redwin and cost enough to not go out and buy all new shimano.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘anyone 1 tried the new sram x7 shifters?’ is closed to new replies.