Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Anybody want to see a 3 year old riding off road?
  • aracer
    Free Member

Having a proud dad feeling, but so far have only subjected my facebook friends to the video. Would it be appropriate and inspirational to post up here, or just really sad?

alpin
    Free Member

yes….

aracer
    Free Member

OK – was only after one vote, thanks!

aracer
    Free Member

[video]http://www.vimeo.com/15789738[/video]

Highland28
    Free Member

That is awesome mate. He will be brill once he gets a bit older. Good to see the younger generation joining in too. My little sister has done a couple of red routes at the age of 6!!

Hairychested
    Free Member

He’s better than my missus!

montylikesbeer

superb, hats off to the little fella

mollyiom
    Free Member

singlespeeding as well!

rOcKeTdOg

he’s a better climber than me 😳

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Brilliant! I started our 3 kids as soon as they could too. Had my son round Glentress at 4 on the tag-a-long and then on his 5th birthday I bought him a Hotrock and we did the blue run – he’s never looked back. They’re all better than me now……

HermanShake
    Free Member

Awesome!

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Fantastic! I regularly take my 4 year old girl and 2 year old son to the local BMX track – she can do full laps on her Ridgeback Melody and he can get round on his Hotwalk balance bike if I help him up the hills!

The difference between boys and girls is amazing I’ve found – She is very sensible whereas he is a complete nutter and is always looking for kerbs and steps to ride down or up! Last time we were out she said ‘Daddy, how can a 2 year old boy be braver than me’! When I explained that boys are generally more bonkers than girls when it comes to this sort of thing, she shouted ‘watch this’ and shot off down a steep hill, faster than she’s ever been before!! They both ride 3 or 4 times a week (Charlie rides his balance bike every day to nursery) and Kate even managed a 10k ride along the Thames a few weeks ago although she had the best night’s sleep ever after that!

cp

is he on a fixie??! cool kid 🙂

Did he just keep riding off into the distance after that vid??!!!

damo2576
    Free Member

Cool! I have a 20 month old girl so a little way to go yet!

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

cool. He gets more air than me!

Amos
    Free Member

My 3 year old little girl can hardly pedal her trike1 right know what we’re doing this weekend, think I’ll stick at the top of the Cwmcarn DH and let gravity take over

aracer
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments – though based on those it will be rather sooner than I thought before he’s better than me (then again he’ll manage that as soon as he starts getting air on those little bumps!) Not a fixie – he just likes to keep pedalling.

clubber
    Free Member

That’s got me grinning like a good un 🙂

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Makes you proud! I was beaming more than my 7 year old when he was riding the red skills loop at a trail centre.

ourmaninthenorth

Mine’s 8 weeks old – now’s a good time to start her off, right? 😉

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Brilliant! What a little star!

Our 2 year old is just getting the hang of a balance bike – can’t wait until he’s riding too.

Is that your garden too?!

ianv
    Free Member

Prepare for the expense to come!!.

In the process of building a 24″ downhill bike for my son. Masively reduced frame, old forks etc and it is still a bit of a money vacuum. He also wants some troy lee kit for christmas.

aracer
    Free Member

It’s around one end of a local park (with zip wire, climbing frame etc. and an easy flat cycling track round the outside, with the bumps leading on and off that). The first time he went there he spotted it and wanted to take his bike on it – we managed to put him off until he got rid of the stabilisers!

The number of lurkers on here is clear from the fact my vid has had over 1300 views!

mollyiom
    Free Member

I have an ace video somewhere of my young fella when he was 3 dropping in on a 1/4 pipe at the local skate park, hes now 7 and not half as brave.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

This one makes me laugh. Absolutely raging that he couldn’t go round GT green again.
    IMG_8860 by Surrounded by Zulus, on Flickr

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Anybody want to see a 3 year old riding off road?’ is closed to new replies.