Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anybody want some (free!) apples? Derby / Nott area (fruit tree content).
  • giantonagiant

Evening all.

Any one want as many apples as they want to pick from some trees?! Our family / neighbours have all had (more than) they want and there are still loads left.

2 varieties eating apples and cooking apples – cider?! jam?! pies?!

Fill yer boots!

MoreCashThanDash

Where abouts exactly are you?

giantonagiant

Near Elvaston Castle, if you know it? Borrowash? Not far off A52. Where are you?

MoreCashThanDash

West Hallam, but I think we are pretty busy for the next couple of weeks so not sure when I could get over to pick them.

Edit – MrsMCTD has just told me there is still some stewed apple in the freezer from the load we made a month ago from friends windfalls, so I’ll have to pass I think.

giantonagiant

No worries. There are tonnes, so if you change your mind, let me know, Can get a load boxed for you, if you can collect.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just as an aside, did you get as many apples this yr as last?? Our one tree hasn’t had any where near as many this yr, could it bd because of this seasons harsh frost?

cozz
    Free Member

actually this year most trees are loaded with fruit

we have had 3 large branches crack and split on one apple tree due to the weight of fruit

made 80 litres of cider last week from my trees here in notts

giantonagiant

Wrightyson, loads more this year than last.

Cozz, I’d love to know how to go about making cider. How hard is it? Do we need any special kit?
    Can you use any more apples?! What weight of apples made 80l of cider?

izzybarnard
    Free Member

Hi

Appreciate that the original chat was this time last year but I was wondering if you had any spare apples this year ?

I could do with topping up my pick as one tree didn’t perform as I’m getting ready to squash into the Golden juice of hangovers.

I’m only over at Spondon so I can collect anytime that suits.

Cheers

Jim

cozz
    Free Member

very little fruit on my trees this year, due to poor weather and less insects about to pollinate the flowers, so less developing into fruit

but on the plus side – last years cider is going down well !!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anybody want some (free!) apples? Derby / Nott area (fruit tree content).’ is closed to new replies.