Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anybody used Jacksons for a frame respray?
  • duckman

Since it is about £40 cheaper than Argos, I am tempted, has anybody used them? Any other suggestions for a respray of a steel frame would be welcome.

terrahawk
    Free Member

yep. good service, lovely finish. Very, very fragile though – the paint chips if you fart on it.

The cargo green with white decals is nice.

seven
    Free Member

Assuming you mean bob jacksons in leeds. If so then yes, they did a great job on my cannondale, and the paint seems tough enough for me (it is only a commute bike however)

duckman

Excellent taste Mr Terrahawk, that is exactly the colour I am going for.I thought it would be tough being an enamel. Any chance of a pic,so I can see it on a bike, rather than a colour swatch?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Yeah, they did my CX Bike.

Spot on IMHO.

Appart from the 7 week turnaround…

terrahawk
    Free Member

Not the greatest pic ever, but here you go.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

What Terrahawk said. I had a frame done last summer and it’s chipped/scratched to **** now – wouldn’t say it’s been overly abused, mostly commuted on. 😥

timbercombe
    Free Member

Yep agree with the general consensus, lovely finish,good guys to deal with, just chips a hell of a lot.

duckman

Yup, that looks about right. Nice and stealthy in the spring wood!

mrsflash
    Free Member

Yes, agree with Terra. I had my old rockhopper done metallic black, looked lovely, but didn’t last brilliantly.

duckman

I may have to bite the bullet and Argos it after all, thanks all, I think I will go to Argos, I crash ALL the time and you would be able to see where I had been by the trail of paint.

kelvin

The “toughness” depends on what colour you go for.
    When I had my bike done, at Bob Jacksons, the bloke there was very honest and helpful, and told me which finishes chip more than others. The option I went for seems plenty tough enough thank you very much. Still going strong two years later.

john_l
    Free Member

Yup, used them a few times – nice finish. My Kogswell’s sitting in their workshop at the moment, on a 6 week turn around.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anybody used Jacksons for a frame respray?’ is closed to new replies.