Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anybody ride around Coventry/Warwickshire?
  • SigmaF
    Free Member

Having just moved to the area, I’m keen to find some local knowledge!

All looks very flat (Burton Dassett looks like the nearest micro-hill)….but, I’m sure that there must be some singletrack hidden away!

Keen to meet up with any local riders….

Cheers,

kayak23

Burton Dassett is ok for little freeride type runs, though you can do a loop round it and maybe drop down into fenny Compton onto the canal and make up a loop there.

A loop from Hornton and round along the Edgehill Ridgeway and across sugarswell is one I’ve done a few times and its good but can be a mission when fields are ploughed.

The old railway line from Leamington to rugby has some good loopage potential and the steep bank from snowford bridge is kinda fun.
    Look on the bright side, you’re pretty central so most stuff its accessible.

Pump track at bishops Tachbrook is grand. 4cross track in Leamington is good.

There are lots of bikers in coventry. They ride every week one evening or other.

PePPeR

Watch out on the canal at the moment, they’ve been cutting the hedgerow back and a group of 6 had 14 punctures a week or so ago! It was the worst half mile or so I’ve ever done!

I lieberman in Fenny Compton below the country park, and agree about the lack of decent bike routes! There the top of edge hill and loads of field edge bridle ways to run around on!

large418
    Free Member

Secret singletrack……. Not much of that,sorry.
    Best bits – Hay Wood near Wroxall – there’s a loop round the outside that’s quite fun, but PLEASE be polite to walkers as it could easily get destroyed by the FC. Through Poors wood from Fen End to Kenilworth is OK, and there’s a bit around Brandon woods (but I haven’t been there for years). Search out the Godiva Trailriders – they seem to have a big following, and do a ride once or twice a week.

Good luck with finding some good riding – there’s lots of bits, and some good cheeky trails, but when wet it’s just muddy field edges. Be prepared for lots of road sections to link up the off road.

On the bright side, Cannock is only an hour away, Long Mynd 90mins, Bredon Hill 45mins and Malverns 1 hour – all easy reach but are a good drive to get there.

maxray
    Free Member

By chance I rerouted my commute from Warwick back to birmingham down the b road that hay wood is on and thought about ducking in for a quick reccy on the croix.

SigmaF
    Free Member

Thanks chaps…

Planning on a few evenings exploring!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anybody ride around Coventry/Warwickshire?’ is closed to new replies.