Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • anybody ride a voodoo or rockhopper,
  • sam69
    Free Member

hi to all on here ,im looking at buying my first hardtail like the look of the voodoo bikes,and the rockhoppers,if you ride one can you give me any advice etc photos on your voodooo, rockhopper please thanks

itsmygame
    Free Member

Hi same my ht is a 2010 rockhopper and I love it. It gets a pasting at cwmcarn and surrounding areas. I’ve put a longer riser on the approx 700 and makes a better all round feel. A fast strong and light bike. You won’t be disappointed. Maybe also take a look at the orange crush ?

sam69
    Free Member

yes like the crush but been told its very heavy?any crush owners out there?

jam-bo

It is heavy, yes. Good bike though.

robsoctane
    Free Member

My mate has an 08 Rockhopper and I ride it quite a bit. Very light build and talas to boot. Even though it’s ali, it’s quite flexy (in a good way) I think ‘they’ term it forgiving.

I’m sure you’ll like it if you want speed. Oh, his has my old sunline v2 720mm bars on and a 50mm stem – much better because of it.

sam69
    Free Member

thanks for the info robsoctane

rOcKeTdOg

voodoo wanga

ride into bandit country by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

fenred
    Free Member

Just about to build up my 2005 hopper again… looking forward to a nice light build…carbon post a must to take edge off that stiffasfook frame 👿

iain1775
    Free Member

My old 1996 steel voodoo is still the best bike I’ve ever had, so much so I’m considering spending a similar amount to what the frame originally cost to get disc mounts brazed on, as well as cable bosses to suit and the frame resprayed
    Probably not much use to you asit bears no similarity to a modern voodoo

jambalaya
    Free Member

Rockhopper is a good basic package and you can often find very good deals (eg clearence of last year’s models), specs vary quite a bit between models and you will get what you pay for. I started my MTB-ing on a Hardrock (model below Rockhopper) and in reality I would have been better off on a Rockhopper and spending a bit more money and hence better forks and brakes.

Northwind

I think this year’s Voodoos are mostly new models? Possibly hard to find many people who have them.

Hopper is a really good honest bike, not always very good value though especially at the bottom end. How much are you spending?

sam69
    Free Member

between £600 and £800

bobbyg81
    Free Member

I ride an 04 Rockhopper and I love it. Im 5’10 and got a 17″ frame and it is perfect for messing about round the woods/trails. Put on some semi slicks and its happy on the road aswell.

Get a red one coz they’re faster! 🙂

sam69
    Free Member

ROCKHOPPER it is then ,now for some nice high rise bars 😀

IA

Got a current Bokor 29er, and really enjoying it.

TBH I bought it to try out big wheels, then replace if I liked them. But I’m liking the way it rides so much I’ll probably just upgrade the (decent) frame. Also the kit on it looks cheap, but it’s surprised me with how good it is (I’m used to top end kit on my 26″ bike). I’m not saying the kit’s as good, but it’s perfectly usable.

I got it cheaper in the sales, but it’s a nice riding bike and seems intelligently spec’d.

Wookster

+1 for the rockhopper mate great little bike!

jambalaya
    Free Member

You might like to look at used bikes – there was a guy on here selling a nicely spec’d mmmBop asking £900.

FYI you’ll get a much better bike for £800 vs £600, suggest you leave some money for other ride kit

creamegg
    Free Member

I bought my girlfriend a rockhopper last year, if it was slightky bigger I think i’d be taking it out myself!

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Ride before you buy.

Ok, it’s not the same bike now, but when I bought my first MTB, I tried a steel Rockhopper, an ali Rockhopper, a couple of bikes fromt he Marin range, and I thought they were sort of ok, but then tried a Clockwork Orange, and it was so much a better bike, even with a lower spec and a higher pricem that it was a no brainer. Then riding the Rockhopper after “just to make sure”, made me realise that for what I wanted, the poor old hopper was hugely inferior in riding position, feel through the frame, geometry/speed of front to turn.

All I am saying, is don’t get focused on any one bike, without trying a few first. There isn’t actually that much difference between a bike that gets 3/5 in a test and 5/5, other than the latter has more advertisingin the magazine, and for YOUR physical shape and type of riding,the unfasionable one might be perfect!

sam69
    Free Member

OK thanks for the good info well have a look around 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘anybody ride a voodoo or rockhopper,’ is closed to new replies.