Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anybody ridden a Titus Motolite?
  • duckman

I used to have a Racer x and it was ace, I was thinking about swapping my 5 Spot for a Motolite,I don’t think I have ever used it to it’s full potential. Has anybody got any experiece of the Titus?

jojoA1
    Free Member

Ridden one? I own one 🙂 I love it. Depending on how you kit it out it can be burly or relatively lightweight. I have happily thrown it down rocky trails in the Sierra Nevada and also use it on longer hill days in Scotland.

heihei

I have a 5-Spot (HL version just switched to DW version) and a Motolite (Exogrod I got off Ebay). Quite different bikes, which is why I’ve kept both.
    The ML is lighter (esp in Ti form) and has slightly steeper angles. Interestingly, the front end can wander a bit more on climbs, so I run both bikes with travel adjust forks (Thors on ML).
    Suspension-wise, although both 4-bar, the ML feels taughter, therefore accelerating better than the Spot. The flip side of this is that the Spot feels much plusher over smaller stuff, esp with Push Rockers / Pushed RP3.
    Upshot is both are great bikes, and this summer prob rode both equally depending on where I was riding and what mood I was in! If forced to choose one, I’d go for the new DW-Link Spot – best of both worlds with regard to suspension action!

Biffer
    Free Member

Not ridden one yet but there is a new version of the Motolite out now called FTM. Its fixed travel at 135mm.
    Looks very nice with a frame weight of just 2.6kg.
    Just waiting for my LBS to get a demo in.

duckman

Heihei; that was really helpful, thanks. Biffer that wasn’t! How can I have an old one knowing that there was a new 5.5lb version out? Mind you, being stuck on a horst spot with push rockers/shock ISN’T that much of a hardship really.

hicksville
    Free Member

not quite the same but ahve a supermoto very impressed

heihei

Duckman – if anywhere near Guildford area you are welcome to try my ML.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anybody ridden a Titus Motolite?’ is closed to new replies.