Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • anybody racing at Lee Quarry this weekend?
  • neil853
    Free Member

Its the first of our Brownbacks series this Sunday is any of STW coming along and racing? anybody fancy helping out and marshalling?

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

me – first time – weekend worrior class. Looking foward to it!

I note course opens for preride at 9.30, but starters are asked to be ready at 9.50, does that allow time for a slow practice lap? Also, is there anywhere near the start line i can leave a small bag of stuff?

neil853
    Free Member

the timings are shall we say 'fluid' 😆

but yes there will be time for you to do a practice lap.

As for the bag thing if you speak to one of the marshals or organisers they will stash your stuff somewhere (car/backpack)

should be a good race, we have an interesting course lined up which may or may not use some of the new stuff 8)

twinklydave

Quite possibly 🙂

Looking forward (should I be able to make it) to checking out some of the new bits

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

you can leave stuff with any of the marshalls I'm sure

Simon

I've entered, I'm another Weekend Warrior.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

it's all set to be a great day. the new course looks mint, but yeah we could do with some more help marshalling so if you don't fancy racing but would like to see what it's all about and help us out (and maybe win £50 in the process too), then get in touch via info@brownbacksracing.co.uk please…

neil853
    Free Member

well said andy son!

wonder if we'll have the weather like last years events?!

Crag
    Free Member

I'm not racing at the weekend but was due for a trip over early doors Saturday for the first time. With the race the following day is it all likely to be open to Joe Public on Sat or will sections be closed?

CHUCKMORR1S
    Free Member

I was also planning on riding there on Saturday.

Should I leave it until the following week?

retrorick

All Lee Quarry trails will be open as usual for everyone on the saturday prior to the race. Race course will run in the quarry from around 8am (course marking) till around 1pm on sunday (race end).

Rick

neil853
    Free Member

All open as rick says, why not come along and marshal 😉

Brownbacks
    Free Member

So there's only a day and a bit to go before the race; remember that you can still enter on the day too if you've been undecided as to whether or not you should give it a go (and you REALLY should!).

plus we still could do with a couple of more people to help with marshalling- you'll get provided with waterproof hi-vis stuff, a guaranteed great time, a free buff (thanks to one of the event sponsors) and entry to the marshal draw where you may win £50! if you can help out, drop us an email on info@brownbacksracing.co.uk ta.

sonik
    Free Member

should be there as a spectator!
    marshalled last year, but not got it together at the moment.

project
    Free Member

Write up about the quarry in MBUK this months issue out next week, unless you get a sub like me, get it a week early.

Spectators take a jersey/jacket, it cold oop them hills and no shelter,and the parking is a long walk down hill.

Great tea bar there though.

spock
    Free Member

Hi,
    I entered online at xcracer.com, should i have recieved anything in the post?
    Or do i just come on the day and get my race number etc?

Thanks,
    Sam

Brownbacks
    Free Member

you get everything on the day

fast track sign-on for those who have pre-entered 🙂

Brownbacks
    Free Member

sonik, it will be good to see you again. Hope all is well. 🙂

TonyL
    Free Member

Before Harry the Spider does it don't forget the hit the north preview ride on the same afternoon. Make a day of it race at Lee in the morning eat cake drink tea then a pootle round the Hit the North Course in the afternoon!

project
    Free Member

Well went oop there,best morning of racing ever and i went as a spectator/photographer,really freindly lot,great tea at the tea bar.

Lee quarry has seen a lot of new bits built, and obviously a lot of hard work has been put in,new pump track, some more trials areas, a lot of new trails and a few small signs,silver signs on grey rock are hard to see.

The marshalls all did an excellent job, some in very exposed places, (theres little shelter up there), also a big thankyou to the organisers for setting out the course, a massive job, finally not forgetting all the riders, who somehow managed to stay attached to their bikes despite the high winds, i got bown over a few times.

Next race 27 June 2010 Sunday.

Then the 🙂 Classic weekender, organised by a mountainbike magazine, called Singletrack on 3 -4 July 2010. 🙂

project
    Free Member

Took some vids at lee quarry on sunday, how easy is it to edit them,recomend me some editing software or does someone want to do it for me.

Supertackysteve
    Free Member

pics from sunday. sorry not to get you all.

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/3010513

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘anybody racing at Lee Quarry this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.