Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • anybody live in a pre built/static home?
  • bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Just being curious as seen a couple of very swanky pre made homes on sites you can live on 365 days a year out in the sticks near where I currently live.

Its got me thinking do I ditch the house and try living in one of these? Thinking about no more noisey neighbours and the scenery/countyr esq living style.

project
    Free Member

They look nice are nice in side, but thin walls unless log cabin types are noisy, high fees for power and water and sewage also rental of the land etc,and who will buy it, very few.

andyl
    Free Member

On a park home estate? No way.

something a bit trendier out in the sticks with no neighbours etc, no problem. just make sure it is well insulated and has a wood burner and anything other than electric heating.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Ive bin staying in a log cabin whilst working in scotland very cosy gas heated log burner 3 bed its better than my current home!!!!! Just got me thinking that was all.

Just sick ov living on a street and would love to live “rural” the wifes got horses and comes from a agricultural/country backround so shes got it bred into her but the cost of houses are just insane!!!! But shes swung me to that lifestyle as ive allways bin a city lad.

lesgrandepotato

I’d be wondering what the lifespan of it is and what happens then

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Its the only logical thing I can think of that could fit our budget. Bin looking at land but everywhere near us is already snapped up and the cheapest plot is 100k with no build permission!!! Back to the think tank me thinks.

andyl
    Free Member

You thinking of buying or renting the house/plot?

enduroforever
    Free Member

I lived in a big caravan for 18 months and had no issues so I would imagine living in a proper static would be fine. Probably loads cheaper than a house too

trail_rat
    Free Member

Life span of a static ?

Also ive had family buy statics – once the vans reach a certain age most sites make you buy new vans – as they have a no vans over xyz age …..

Those old vans then go to sink sites like the roseley in arbroath…. Anyone from that area will know the roseley.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘anybody live in a pre built/static home?’ is closed to new replies.