Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Anybody know of a courier who will box, collect and deliver a Bike ?
  • simonr2011
    Free Member

Just bought a bike on ebay and the seller said in the advert that a courier can be arranged but now say he cant box it.

Wondered if anybody know of a courier service that will box and and deliver for Suffolk to Bristol ?

Cheers

Simon

dannybgoode

I think the issue with most couriers is if they pack it they would be responsible for any damage during delivery due to packaging issues.

Hence they prefer you to do that bit…

Cheers

Danny B

robdob
    Free Member

…. Knowing couriers inability to deliver stuff safely if be very wary of trusting them to package it properly too.

Maybe go and pick it up, ask them if they can meet you part of the way? Fuel cost is probably going to be similar to courier cost anyway.

Mintman
    Free Member

I work in Portsmouth and travel to Bristol weekly so might be able to help?

I know I’m a stranger but I’ve just bought a carbon 456 so not in the market for a new frame/bike so I’m quite trustworthy.

Edit: I recently used TNT to send a gearbox and although size and weight wasn’t a problem they did lose it. A full refund did follow eventually.

simonr2011
    Free Member

I understand the iisue with packing/insurance just wondered if somebody was in a similar situation and knew of a company that helped.

I do alway prefer to pickup but Blundeston, Suffolk is 280 miles from me and a fair way from me. I will see if the seller can do me a favour for a couple of quid extra.

Mintman – Portsmouth is a fair distance from Blundeston so not sure if could help.

Cheers

Mintman
    Free Member

That’s certainly deepest Suffolk – not very neighbourly with Portsmouth.

If anything changes and Portsmouth is an option then let me know!

Madfly
    Free Member

Why don’t you ring the bikeshop local to him and see if they’ll box it (obviously you’ll need to pay), then get tnt or such like to collect from there, Assuming he is happy to drop it at a local bike shop and they’re happy to help.

Might not work, only an idea…

WoodyCannondale
    Free Member

Why don’t you ring the bikeshop local to him and see if they’ll box it (obviously you’ll need to pay), then get tnt or such like to collect from there, Assuming he is happy to drop it at a local bike shop and they’re happy to help.

Might not work, only an idea…

I used an Evans bike shop to pack a bike for me. Then arranged a courier to collect it direct from the shop. Was pretty easy and no hassle at all.

takisawa2

Send him a bike box & packaging, & address label. Probably cost you £8 tops if you use parcel2go. When he’s packed it, tie up with him regarding collection & organise delivery from your end.

simonr2011
    Free Member

Takisawa ,that is a damn good idea think i will do that.

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

Did he say why he can’t box it? are you sure he’s geniune and you are going to get a bike?

its very easy to go to a bike shop and ask for a bike box, they get them in most of the time. my LBS gave me a box with all the packing still in it, and it cost me a packet of biscuits and i’m sure somewhere on here, the mods had a pictures ofhow to wrap a bike

As woodycannondale said, the guy could go down to his LBS and get them to pack it

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Anybody know of a courier who will box, collect and deliver a Bike ?’ is closed to new replies.