Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • anybody know a lathe/tool/etc type dealer in SW Scotland
  • towzer

Hi

have a few lathes Myford super 7 with LOTS of accessories
    ? old Myford 7
    Mini Max T124 wood lathe
    Myford (old) wood lathe
    Kity 613 band saw
    quite a few large wood tools
    a couple of what look like mini turners
    ladders
    lawnmowers
    chainsaw/s
    garden tools
    angle discs
    sack trolleys
    cart
    etc
    etc
    so after a dealer type person who might come and value/buy

spacecadett
    Free Member

I cannot help directly but you could post here – i bet somebody can help:

http://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/

maccruiskeen

If you’d rather deal with them in one transaction rather than split through forums/ebay etc you could maybe look at someone like Sweeney Kincaid – they do one-off sales or they can include your stuff as lots in their bigger monthly general sales. They can also do the auction from your premises (all the bidding happens online but theres a one day viewing before the auction and a window of a day or two for collection afterwards) or take it all up to their glasgow warehouse, the latter would perhaps yield higher bids.

househusband

eBay for the Myford metal lathe and spares! People go nuts for genuine Myford metal lathes and parts as the lathes are held in such high regard. I recently sold some old Burnerd Myford chucks, jaws and steady’s we found at the back of an old cupboard at the school at which I teach; sold them on eBay and raised £280 for the Faculty.

I would actually be interested in the Myford wood lathe and the Kity bandsaw – you don’t have an email address in your profile so I can’t contact you!

towzer

hh – have emailed

thanks all will try workshop forum

squirrelking
    Free Member

Might be worth giving the tool shop at the Barras a ring, its pretty well known so I imagine they may be interested.

http://billstoolstore.com

I’d be interested in looking at your stuff, I also have a work colleague who may be interested in the lathes and equipment. Down in North Ayrshie.

maccruiskeen

I don’t know if Bills Tools would deal with anything as large as lathes and bandsaws.

The Saw Centre in glasgow deals in second hand machinery (although you wouldn’t guess from their website)

masher
    Free Member

A super 7 may be worth way more in parts than complete. But if you can measure the wear on the bed and saddle and list it on ebay as a reputable seller you could be on to a winner though!

I’ve bought and sold a few 7’s (non-supers) recently to get some extra cash.

The main buyers now on ebay – and those with some credence – would be (imo):

heritage-lathes
    myford-stuff

Both seem to buy / sell other garage related stuff / job lots.

Expect to be offered way less than you’d expect selling direct on ebay. WAY less.

Lastly, myford_ltd are very helpful on the phone and appear to buy back some of their old lathes for parts etc. That would be my first port of call – they may well point you in the right direction to someone for a complete garage / job lot.

If you want any further info / opinions etc on the super 7 send me some photos and I’ll see what I can find out.

:::Edited to add: I forgot to say – these guys may ask you to strip the lathe to the bed and throw that in the bin / sell it to a scrappie. They may just want the headstock / gearbox / motor /….

towzer

thanks masher

most people seem to be suggesting selling as bits on ebay
    will see what happens – cheers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘anybody know a lathe/tool/etc type dealer in SW Scotland’ is closed to new replies.