Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anybody going for a bike ride on Saturday? (edinburgh/dundee area)
  • miaowing_kat
    Free Member

Weather looks nice on Sat, but I know I won't be going anywhere unless I have a reason to…

so is anybody going biking on Saturday, either in the Dundee or Edinburgh area? and if it's possible, could I tag along.. maybe?
    (I'm pretty rubbish at bike-riding so anyone fast and impatient need not bother themselves.)

Tbh I'm a bit apprehensive of asking on an internet forum (for various reasons) but I foresee a rather drawn-out depressing weekend if I don't get off my bum and do something! 🙂

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

there may be some people going out from st andrews… i dunno if i will, depends on my revision, but feel free to drop me an email… (in profile)

druidh
    Free Member

I might have been up for this but working on Saturday (what's that about, I'm supposed to be retired!) and doing the Etape Caledonia on Sunday. No way you could get down to Glentress? There's bound to be some STW-ites down there. Hey – if nothing turns up, cycle in to the shop to say hello and wish us luck for Sunday 🙂

Kit
    Free Member

I'll be riding the Pentlands on Sunday, if that's any good to you? Or GT if anyone's offering a lift…

mactheknife

Ha i wish, i had my Pitch pro and other bikes nicked from my gaff in Dundee this week, Little feckers

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

oh forgot to say, edinburgh area includes glentress etc. – have my own car so transport not a problem.

druidh – if all else fails, I guess I could take a sunny walk through edinburgh and spend a few hours mulling about your bicycle shop.. would certainly be a novel way to spend my afternoon
    HM – I don't see your email..

finners

macktheknife – got more details on the bikes. Myself and a couple other stw'ers are from dundee and will keep an eye out…..

druidh – what bike shop is yours?

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

damn, I take a long time to think what I'm going to say..

Kit – I guess Sunday might be okay, (outlook is not as sunny though 🙁 ) I've never ridden in the pentlands and that would be far more interesting (to me) than Glentress… though I have no idea whether I'll be able to cope with it..?

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

m_k, sorry. tamarvin@googlemail.com

i'll check tomorrow now

Kit
    Free Member

druidh – what bike shop is yours?

He's only allowed to 'think' it's his. A bit like mental patients, where the carers go along with the fantasy to keep them happy. Its the best you can do with pensioners like that, really.

druidh
    Free Member

finners – I work in The Bike Chain in Rodney Street.

Kat – bring biscuits!

Kit
    Free Member

though I have no idea whether I'll be able to cope with it..?

Pentlands is as easy as you want to make it, and if you can cope fine with GT then you'll not have a problem. It's more exposed though so if the weather's naff then not the best place to be! I'll be out, regardless, and I'm plenty patient. Drop me an email if you want to. 'night!

mactheknife

Hey finners – im out working in the US at the moment but i had a Medium frame Pitch Pro. Nothing much changed on it. But luckily i had it UV stamped by the police and registered with them a while back so im hoping that might help getting it back.

The other was a red Spesh allez. Just bought it for the misses recently. 54cm frame.

thanks for keeping an eye out buddy. Ill be back in a week or so if you fancy a ride somewhere. ill have to get a new ride tho 😀

finners

Cool, will keep an eye out. I will tell my mates too. What colour was the pitch? the pale browny colour or the metallic blue?

Ye that could be an idea with regards to the ride. I will be quite a few weeks before im able to go out unfortunately. Im off work just now post surgery on the ol' leg. Means i have lots of time to waste on stw, but the cabin fever is kickin in…. 😕

mactheknife

Unlucky bud, i broke my collar bone last year and was off work for 2 months and that nearly killed me, along with the misses being sick of my ugly mug.

Ye it was a brown frame, it had some very distinctive scratches on it along with the police stamp. I dont know how they get rid of them whether they ebay the parts or sell on to other muppets for some hash money. Ill need to have a chat with the police when i get back cos i loved that bike…not in a weird way tho 😯

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Saturday I will probably be about Edinburgh area.
    again Email me if you want

robgarrioch

Hey Kit / M.K. – might fancy a wee trundle Sunday if you're heading up, (+ can provide nearby shelter if it gets reet unpleasant…). Give me a text if you can Kit.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anybody going for a bike ride on Saturday? (edinburgh/dundee area)’ is closed to new replies.