Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Anybody finding it cold and windy? Dipping toe in water to check temp
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

Seems windy and freezing in Cambridgeshire.

Want to go riding.

cozz
    Free Member

yes, cold, windy when I went out on bike, then raining too

now home, soaking wet, and cold, but yer can’t stay in doing nowt !

marcus7
    Free Member

At the park here in Cheshire, bloody freezing….

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Saltburn = windy with assorted rain and hail showers. Feels like minus 3 according to my weather app.

Drac

Wet, cold and windy here with hail but it is November.

jekkyl

yup bloody freezing, committed souls only need apply.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Very cold, very windy, and wet – even had to put the heating on this afternoon!

stumpyjon

Was 27 degrees and very sunny this time yesterday for me. Was a bit of a shock getting off the plane in Manchester at 1:30 this morning and then having to scrape the car windscreen.

Caher

Was out earlier, now soup and chattering teeth.

cheers_drive

It’s now also wet in Cambridgeshire, luckily I had an early ride a Thetford. My toes are still cold

jamj1974

Yes. I got dragged through a Wolfrun yesterday. Only just thawing out.

Tracey

Wasnt too bad even when it rained. Bikes fettled and now sat with a hot chocolate and the last piece of last years Christmas cake.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Yes. 3.5 hours on the road bike this morning. Just about warming up now.

simmy
    Free Member

Just done 20 miles on the hard tail, just mixture of cycle paths etc nothing spectacular.

Baselayer, 2 shirts, thin jumper, coat, Under helmet cap but only just got warm when climbing.

Freezing but at least I’ve been out.

scotroutes

Normal for November. About 2C and sleet showers.

beej

1-2C on my 2 hour road ride this morning. Tights over shorts, woolie boolie socks, Northwave Celcius Artic boots, Specialized Radiant gloves, Icebreaker merino base and softshell, fleecy hat under the helmet.

Super-toasty!

MoreCashThanDash

3 hours repairing drainage ditches and culverts at the Hicks Lodge trail centre this morning. Wasn’t cold till it rained the last half hour.

Chuckled at all the joggers going past. Can’t help thinking an hour digging ditches would have burnt more calories 😉

Now utterly knackered on the sofa. Did do a three hour road ride and three hours hedge trimming yesterday as well. There’s a good reason I have a desk job!

sierrakilo
    Free Member

2 deg and dropping here on Dartmoor…it’s been a day of sun and showers with moderate Northerly wind. Superb weather to be out on the bike !

vickypea
    Free Member

Went out for the afternoon round Macclesfield Forest, horizontal rain, sleet and hail. Good to get out, but I still feel cold now, despite a warm shower and having a big warm fluffy cat on my lap!

richmars

It’s now also wet in Cambridgeshire, luckily I had an early ride a Thetford.

Snap!

Started my ride at Thetford at about 7:10am, beautiful morning. I didn’t really notice the cold until I stopped. Got home before the rain started but wet, windy and cold now.

rocketman
    Free Member

‘Bracing’ around Cannock this morning but it didn’t bother me because I WAS ON FIRE wohhhhhhhhh

bikebouy
    Free Member

I went surfing.

Seas still warm (ish)

Chuffing cold changing in the car park … 😯

corroded
    Free Member

I’ve had two of my best rides of the year this week. Both quite bracing but in a good way. I don’t mind the cold but I hate ice. This time of year, bring pre-ice here, is beautiful.

alpin
    Free Member

Was snowing today in Munich….

darrell
    Free Member

had 40cm of snow this weekend and gonna be -10 C this week

matt_outandabout

It’s due to snow in central and west scotland tomorrow….

fifeandy
    Free Member

In some ways its an improvement here in fife. Only marginally colder, but the sky was actually blue instead of grey. There was even this strange yellow ball in the sky…..

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Well my car is iced up!

Just have to man up and dress up warm and buy pink ear muffs.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Seems to be -3C down on the coast.

I will check to see if the Solent’s frozen in about 15mins for you. If it is, your all invited to play..

kayak23

Was totally unprepared for the frost on my windscreen this morning so had to scrape it with a sandwich tub. Me poor little fingers were colder than a penguin’s satchel.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sadly, from my window the mouth of the Hamble looks like it’s still flowing.. which means the Solent’s not frozen.

Unless you lot fancy a swim, offers still open. 😀

footflaps

Treacherous in Cambridge this am, saw six cyclists crash on black ice on my commute in along the river…

rocketman
    Free Member

Really cold this morning in Stafford. Had to have the heated seats on high

P-Jay
    Free Member

Fairly mundane in Cardiff, it’s about 3-4c at the start and end of the day, maybe 8c midday.

No rain, not much wind, but it’s bitter when it is.

Standard issue November really, we’ve been lulled in here by a combination of fairly rubbish August into a decent September and very mild Oct which meany conditions stayed fairly static between July and Oct, it got cooler of course, but very slowly. There’s been a realy sudden change back to the norm in the last week.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Was icey this morning and couldn’t find my ice scraper and the de-icer stopped working!

Used the lid to clear my windscreen.

Was icey on the way home, so I sneaked to the gym and didn’t ride. Should be warmer and up to 10C lol

fifeandy
    Free Member

Garmin was hovering around 1°C for this evenings ride. Singlespeeding though, so was making my own heat – didn’t really notice the cold until I was forced to freewheel downhill for a bit

scotroutes

That first crunchy ride of each winter is always a treat.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/N4oJpH]20161108_122538[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

Not cold enough for the Pogies yet though. It really has to be a few degrees below freezing before they get fitted.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Not cold enough for the Pogies yet though. It really has to be a few degrees below freezing before they get fitted.

I keep forgetting I have pogies, had them for 2 years and never used them!

rocketman
    Free Member

Milder this morning. Heated seats on low.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Where on Earth is all that snow Scotroutes?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Anybody finding it cold and windy? Dipping toe in water to check temp’ is closed to new replies.