Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Anybody Find Schwalbe Marathon Plus the slowest Tyre in the world?
  • zaskar
    Free Member

I guess its a payoff not to have punctures with that heavy lining but Jesus its good training.

Anybody else find them heavy or am I just fricking too unfit and fat?

😀

psychle
    Free Member

you know what… I've just fitted a set of these to my Brompton, and I did suddenly feel that the bike was harder work, thought it was all in my head or somesuch… maybe it is the tyres? Sure I'll get used to it, or at least get fitter 😆

zaskar
    Free Member

Psychie, we're either right that do drag or need to do some miles! 😆

Don't get me worng I won't change them, but I had super light tyres on last yr (26 x 1.3) and flew and raced some roadies.

Now I have a hack bike, fully laden I guess with panniers but it sure is a good workout!

Tyre is grippy as hell too round down hill bends and I find cars take ages to catch up, goes up hill well.

But straight line it just trickles along. Get back on the roadbike with mates and I can fly no probs so I guess it is good have 850g per tyre…

Go Go gadget electric bike motor!

csb

Got them on a mezzo and a tourer and yes, they're heavy rollers. Must have done nearly 10,000 miles on the last set on the tourer before they wore through to the carcass and started getting punctures.

zaskar
    Free Member

Tempted to change them now its summer but hey its good training.

10K? Good to hear its a tough tyre.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Anybody Find Schwalbe Marathon Plus the slowest Tyre in the world?’ is closed to new replies.