Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)
  • Anybody else ever lost fancy kit?
  • jhw
    Free Member

Endless, endless pairs of goggles at races…

haakon_haakonsson
    Free Member

I found a pair of Oakleys a few years ago when I was cross-country skiing. I asked the other members of the group I was with, but it didn’t belong to any of them, so I kept them. Fantastic, they were, so good that I had to buy myself a set when they got too scratched.

On the other side of the coin, I managed to leave £40 worth of spirits on the train whilst travelling to my brother’s wedding. D’oh! I did ring the lost property office, but (not surprisingly) no luck!

BoardinBob

I left my heart in San Francisco

Militant_biker

I left a full bag of riding kit on the pavement on a wall outside my house when packing for a race weekend. I had to race in borrowed shoes (2 sizes too big with several pairs of socks on), a borrowed jersey and helmet and casual shorts with no padding. With no gloves or Camelbak.

But all the kit was exactly where I left it upon returning home. Result!

donsimon
    Free Member

I only buy cheap crap, so not an issue. Lost loads of Decathlon 12,00€ glasses though. It would break my heart to lose expensive glasses. 😥

legspin
    Free Member

I threw my last joystick in the bin 🙁 was in a pile rubbish

CountZero

I managed to lose a lovely pair of Oakley WHY3’s, with Fire Iridium prescription lenses, in their alloy case, in one of the big London galleries. Realised later and phoned them and the local Police, but no joy. Useless to anyone else, they’d have to spend the cost of a new pair of sunnies on a pair of standard lenses. Bloody annoyed at that loss.

TheSanityAssassin

Lost a pair of Spesh Chicanes, bought as a birthday present, during a club run. Waited a while before replacing them with a pair of Spesh Divides, bought as a Christmas present, which I lost during a race last October. I’ve just got a pair of Spesh Arcterix. If these buggers go missing too I’ll be £240 down overall…

igm

Does a platinum wedding ring lost on a surfing lesson count?

Luckily I have a wonderful and very understanding wife. Currently (18 months on) wearing a bit of titanium we bought the next day as a place keeper – I couldn’t bring myself to replace the ring with different platinum one.

thomthumb
    Free Member

lost an entire bag of kit: brand new seal skinz & gloves & a merino base layer. doh.

came home from uni one year and left my leather jacket on the bus to work, fnished my shift from work and saw some guy wearing it, was about to ask him for a light, deck hom and nick it, luckily i decided against it when i got back to uni it was in my room!!

Pickers

Mate of mine found a pair of Oakley glasses in the Wyre a few years ago, lucky chap. 😀
    I lost a pair a couple of years ago near Buttermere, backtracked and found all but one of the arms. Oakleys’ warranty dept replaced them for a small fee (they were 9 yrs old)! 😀
    Lost a Nikon flashgun though. 🙁

aracer
    Free Member

I lost a tent (Saunders Jetpacker). No idea where – I used to own one, and at some point I’m not quite sure when stopped owning it!

jojoA1
    Free Member

You know those car seat carry seat thingies for babies? Well I drove off from the childminders leaving my 8 week old baby son sat in one on the pavement where I’d plonked him while I put some stuff in the car….

Got about a hundred yards before I checked the rear view and then extreme comedy double taked (took?)/emergency stopped when I spotted the precious package. I blamed my still recovering hormones….

aracer
    Free Member

That’s bad – those car seats aren’t cheap.

CountZero

That’s bad – those car seats aren’t cheap.

Damn right, you’d have been really cross if you’d lost it. 😉

iDave
    Free Member

i lost 11 years of my life once

GW
    Free Member

jojo – don’t worry about it, you’re not alone. Friends of mine walked to the village shop for a few groceries for their first outing with their first newborn, got back home and realised they’d forgetten something 😳

duckman

THAT puts it in to perspective,it was only a pair of poles,and not the cold-ridden 4yo that is currently tucked into me!

jools182
    Free Member

Bought a new topeak saddle bag once. First ride out and the zip managed to work itself open and lost all my stuff – multi tool, inner tubes, tyre levers, patches, new chain, powerlinks etc

Got a refund for the bag from wiggle, and a £50 voucher from them to replace my lost items. Result! Wiggle are the best 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mate of mine spent a ride around whites liberally spreading his kit as he went because of a topeak zip!

clipper68
    Free Member

A shoei z-one helmet and bering winter gloves by the side of the road when I got picked up in a van after a motorbike breakdown. Wasnt there later…. 🙁

naokfreek
    Free Member

Two pairs of Oakleys…forgot i even had them with me…hours later…duh.

jimmy

Oakley Oakleys Oakleys… Never buying em again.

1 pair M frame Iridium lenses on Schafberg Austria
    1 pair M frame grey lenses on Ski Bus St Wolfgang Austria
    1 pair Iridium Straight Jackets in river in Arabba, Dolomites
    1 pair M frames location unknown.

and
    1 pair Specialized Adaptalites Cambusbarron, Stirlingshire
    1 Midland Bank Griffin Savers starter kit, Gateway checkouts, Chesterfield (c.1984).

SidewaysTim

I lost my 21st birthday present while walking the dogs.

RustySpanner

Pair of Karrimor walking boots left by the side of the car at Capel Curig.

2 Swatches – the buckles distort and pop off the retaining pin. 🙁

Mate once left his new compact camera on bottom corner of the rear window of my old Citroen at the Old Dungeon Ghyll whilst he got changed.
    Was still there when he remembered at Skelwith Bridge. 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

A mate of mine always used to use a bin bag for his wetsuit booties hood etc, left it out side his house and the bin men took it.

Left some gloves at a campsite in the states, only thing I lost on the whole trip. Still angry about that 😥

igm

jimmy – Member

and
    1 Midland Bank Griffin Savers starter kit, Gateway checkouts, Chesterfield (c.1984).

Aldi have got the 3 lens £3.99 riding glasses in at the moment

molgrips
    Free Member

We managed to lose a PSP on the way to the Grips in Laws this November 🙁 Really peed off about that.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

K2 Proflex 4000. Nicked from the car rack.

Xylene
    Free Member

Lost a 500 quid pair of glasses 24hours after landing in Australia.
    Left them on the roof of a taxi after somebody jumped in while I was out getting food. Dragged the guy out and put them on the roof. Didn’t realise until I got back.

Had a book nicked in a hostel I stayed in when I put it down while I went for a pee.

Left my cap in a taxi in <Malaysia after it had survived 12 months of me fannying about around the world.

Lost Mrs Q’s camera, she is mighty miffed about that.

CountZero

jimmy – Member
    and

Having only lost one pair, I’m not feeling quite so bad about my pair. Still miffed ‘cos no-one else could wear them but no-one bothered handing them in.

juiced
    Free Member

I lost a new topeak panoram computer when it catulapted into the canal after coming down a bridge.

Lost my ACE!! snowboard mitts… during a dryslope session somehow..

Lost a Kool Tool (snowboard tool) whilst snowboarding in the UK in last years snow.

Really fustrating…I make a rule of never leaving anything on the car roof post ride and always checking before I leave anywhere, which helps.

For you Oakleys guys .. get a neck strap for your shades. Ski shops should sell suitable ones.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just don’t PUT anything on the car roof to begin with.

juiced
    Free Member

i don’t ever. always check the floor before i leave

mandog

I left my wallet in El Segundo

i believe that was A Tribe Called Quest

Edric64
    Free Member

The wife’s Oakleys fell out of the pram in Tesco. Gutted.

cradle snatcher

Edric64
    Free Member

Lost my seat pack on Peny ghent doing the three peaks this year.3 tubes ,gas canisters and unused park chaintool,and food bars.60 quids worth altogether

alexathome
    Free Member

I haven’t lost much, except a nice pair of sunglasses, that just disapeared, very strange. However i’m always finding things:

2 pairs of Oakleys
    2 Pumps
    2 Multi Tools

At these things happan in 3’s i’m eagerly awaiting some more kit in the new year. 😀

GW
    Free Member

hope the Oakley, pump, mini tool fairies are as good to you in 2011 8)

CaptJon
    Free Member

I’ve lost two passports in 4 years – that is pretty expensive.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Anybody else ever lost fancy kit?’ is closed to new replies.