• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Alex.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Anybody been to Malta in the Christmas Hols?
  • Alex

STW has served me well over the years dealing out useful holiday advice. Don’t let me down this time 😉 I want to get away for a week or so with the kids (13 and 15) to somehwere warm. Doesn’t have to be hot. Just not the UK, rain, sleet and snow.

Been to Tenerfe and a few of the Canary islands over the years. Don’t really want to travel more than 4 hours. Considered Southern spain as well. But then Malta popped up on a couple of Holiday sites. Never been. Looked interesting.

Any thoughts? And not, I’m not that bothered if I can’t get a ride in (although it I went to Tenerife again, I would be!)

unknown
    Free Member

I’ve been a couple of times, once in early December and then again this summer. I’m a bit biased as I have Maltese ancestry but I love it. In December much of the built up package holiday places will be closed but if you get a nice villa or apartment it’ll be fine. Weather in December was warm but not hot. Lots of good food and culture, but I’d check how much of the island shuts down for Xmas, it’s a very traditional/religious country.

Alex

Yeah I read that on the visit-malta website. I quite like the idea of much of the tourist stuff being closed down. It just looks a really interesting but quite compact place to explore. And if the kids don’t want to come, I’ll leave ’em by the pool for a few hours.

Ta for the info.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Anybody been to Malta in the Christmas Hols?’ is closed to new replies.