Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anybody at the Quantock Quake today?
  • thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

On the whole, for a first time even I thought it was well organised, and a great course! I would love to ride the Quantocks more!! even the walkers were friendly.

Hope the guy that got airlifted off by the air ambulance was ok, he took quite a fall, as I was right behind!

oxym0r0n

+1 hope the guy that stacked it was okay

Great event – really enjoyed it and well organised!

Nice to meet a few local riders 😀

sharki
    Free Member

I was there, lurking near the bottom of Bicknoller taking pics and possibly telling you to go easy on the lower section because of potential walkers.

I’ve yet to hear further about the guy who got lifted out, but he basically went OTB near the top of stert/somerton and fell awkwardly on his pack possibly causing a rotational injury to his spine. Luckily a fast response from the rescue guys meant help was quick. And also a bbig shout out to the riders who stopped to assist.

For me, riding was limited to sweeping for the last riders after the incident but i managed my first burst of proper canning it after i left them with the official sweepers and set off to loon down Narnia(sharki and Jambos trail/ amended)and then the lower half of the chimney. I did this on a £500 29er and after 8 mths of not riding, proper like, it was a grinworthy blast.

A big thanks to all that took part and who made the day a fun event. Great feedback so far. 🙂

sharki
    Free Member

8)

oxym0r0n

Any pics sharki?

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

It was nice to meet you today Sharki!

I was right behind the guy that crashed looked so bad, I waited with him until his friends came back.

Adam

Did you get any pics?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Narnia is bloody brilliant. Caught me out about last Tuesday night as i was mentally riding jambo and Sharki and I had to launch the jumps!

Glad it went well.

sharki
    Free Member

Likewise Adam and everyone else i met.

I’m going through the pics now.

Buzz, that was the first time i’d ridden it and put the poor old Mondraker Ventura through the paces from the top of Narnia to the very bottom of the chimney. The constant clunking from the low end spring sprung Suntours wasn’t reassuring me that they were aiding in much control up front. Bluddy fun though all the same.

acehtn
    Free Member

What was the event ?

Was it for Quantockians only ?

Down the road in Minehead didn’t know anything was on, first i have heard, just curious as to what adventure on my doorstep i have missed.

🙂

jam-bo

someone rebuilt narnia?

next thing you’ll be telling me that del’s stump is back…

Dibbs
    Free Member

What was the event ?

http://www.quantockquake.co.uk/

Was it for Quantockians only ?

No.

sharki
    Free Member

Jambo, lots of people are calling our creation, or at least it’s present incarnation Narnia.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anybody at the Quantock Quake today?’ is closed to new replies.